Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my first jackson!

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
    How do you like the location of that neck strap pin? It looks like it solves the problem of the Kelly body falling forwards when standing up to play.

Congrats on the guitar. The KE3 was my first Jackson too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha, it doesn't...
    everytime i let go of the neck it takes a dieve tuntill the neck hangs horizontal. too bad, it's one of the only things i would like to see changed on this baby. One other thing i thought would be less comfortable was the neck joint. I thought the njoint would be a huge block, but actually that's not bad... i even have pretty ok acces up to he 24th fret! the duncan designed puickups are pretty good... the neck pickup is quite smooth and the bridge pickup has quite some power. quite a lot better than the stock powersounds in my ibanez [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . The locking trem is great. It took me quite some time to hang a set of ernies balls on it, but now it's in perfect tune and it will stay that way, no matter how horrible i make the divebombs. The neck is wonderful: i have sledom played a guitar with such an amazingly fast neck. And the paintjob... i just can't get enough of that sexy looking swirl! damn! i woke up this morning, took a look at it an it gave me a rush of energy! too bad the paint is very fragile. i had the first ding in it after less than a day. but who cares, that's what makes your guitar your own.
    The only thing i would like to change about it might be the pickups, as soon as i have the money ( i was thinking of a X2N or an invader in the bridge position and an air norton in the neck position and changing the mounting rings into chrome ones
    This is a wonderful guitar, and i don't think i'll ever sell or trade it. THIS IS MY BABY! YEAH! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X