Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wont FMIC/Jackson give out W/O #'s??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wont FMIC/Jackson give out W/O #'s??

Why is FMIC/Jackson so difficult in giving out info on W/O#s, build sheets etc.

Maybe I don't understand completely, but I thought Jackson kept pretty detailed records of the early custom shop models??

It would just be nice to have good customer support and historical data.

Re: Why wont FMIC/Jackson give out W/O #\'s??

Historical data makes FMIC/JMIC no money, and if you're talking about W/O #s for used Custom Shop guitars, unless you're an original owner seeking warranty service, why should they? The fact the earlier regimes did so is cool for inquirers, but it might also have been one of the inefficiencies that caused Jackson to be sold and resold. Frankly, if I had a paid-for guitar on order, either Custom Shop or USA Select, I'd rather have Jackson employees working on building guitars than looking up CS info from 10 years ago, for someone thinking of buying a used guitar that
    Jackson's not getting paid for. No offense, but if I were running it as a business I'd give info only to pending orders and warranty service.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Lerx, I understand your point completely, but I'm looking at it from the current owners perspective. It would just be kinda cool to see the original specs of the instruments when they were made, to see if they are still original or have been modded.

</font>

Comment

That stopped happening just before Fender took over. It's well documented.

Comment

Yup!!&amp; it well....sux!!!!!

Comment

Then again, I'm sure they received a few complaints about people re-building guitars around a neckplate or body part based on the work order info, then selling that as legit and 100% stock. It's harder to do that these days - at least until those people figure out the relic'ing process [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It would be nice if they'd at least let someone (*cough* me *cough*) transfer all those old records to an online format so people can look them up.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X