Jackson 7 Strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 7 Strings?

Does anyone know if Jackson is producing 7 strings? The Website does not list any model specifically. Most likely will have to go through the custom shop. It would nice if they produce a production model. I defintely don't want an Ibanez. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Re: Jackson 7 Strings?

They used to produce them. But stopped production a few years ago. I'm hoping that by summer Namm that Jackson start producing 7 strings that are better than what they used to be
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

They're not currently offering a production 7 string but you can always order one as a Custom Shop instrument through a Jackson dealer, like myself.

I actually have a black Dinky Reverse 7 string here that's used for $325.00. It's a stop tail with a couple of Duncan Designed humbuckers. Pretty cool.

Matt
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

How's about a pic?

Comment

Ibanez 7 strings are actually quite nice, I'm pleased with my RG7620 anyway. Trem does its job, Dimarzio pickups, comfortable and fast neck... you should check some out if you want a 7. Or wait for Summer NAMM and pray for a 7string...

Comment

I've got a NOS Peavey Predator 7-String on order. I should have it by Wednesday this week. I'll let you know how it works out as far as quality.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The Washburn 587V is pretty nice. I've got a model that wasn't released over here in England so i'm pretty lucky.

93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I heard that The guy from fear factory would have a production model since Scott Ian JJ2 isnt anymore in production... but it seems like a big rumor... anyway it would be a 7string reverse head dinky from what I heard...

I hope this is true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That would be Excellent! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

don't like the specs of the fear factory 7string.. string-trough, one hum (emg), no inlays, bol-on (with painted neck..) huge reverse headstock [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I prefer the Ibanez 7's.. especially the UV777
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I have a DX7 that I really love. I bought it used for $150. I have replaced the pots with 250k's, reset the neck there was a HUGE gap in the neck cavity, replaced the nut (the Idion that owned it before F'd it up), and put in Schaller locking tuners. So I have about $300 into it. Like I said I love it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Ibanez 7 strings are actually quite nice, I'm pleased with my RG7620 anyway. Trem does its job, Dimarzio pickups, comfortable and fast neck... you should check some out if you want a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Yeah, I had an RG7620, also. It was a pretty nice guitar. I'll be actually ordering a Carvin 7-string soon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

We've got one in the works - the Christian Olde Wolbers Signature model. We're also making one for Scott from Pig Destoryer. Christian's guitars came out incredible. Check out their site for some pics: http://www.fearfactory.com

McD
                          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Hey any other Models going to be Made Like the RR7 was maybe with Licenced Floyd also? Just Checking.
                            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Drake - I'm kinda out of the loop, BUT, I can say that it's not too likely and that I haven't heard of any plans for it. Christian bought a RR7 off of eBay and it didn't cost too much, so you may have to start there. The 7 strings are a tough sale, but the COW SLAT 7-strings are the best I've ever played, so I'd hold out for one of these!

McD
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X