Add Tacoma to the list of FMIC acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Tacoma to the list of FMIC acquisitions

This isn't really J/C related but word has it that Fender has recently acquired Tacoma Guitars. Apparently FMIC needed access to Tacoma's wood supply (lots of nice wood up in Tacoma Washington), Tacoma's factory and Tacoma's guitar building employees. So... they bought the whole company. Hey, makes sense to me.

Fender, Gretsch, Rodriguez, Benedetto, Jackson, Charvel, Guild, SWR and now Tacoma.

Next??? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: Add Tacoma to the list of FMIC acquisitions

Tacoma's are SWEET acoustics.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Buy Gibson
      [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I figure a guitar amp manufacturer is probably next on the list. After all... Eddie needs an amp to match his new guitars.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

but Fender do make amps too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they WERE [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they WERE [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yea, Tacoma lovers will prefer pre Fender Tacoma only.

Comment

I saw this discussed on the Acoustic Guitar Forum earlier. They're not being receptive towards this whole thing, claiming that Fender will drive Tacoma into the ground. I responded with something Jackson/Charvel related and how they're doing better than ever.

Comment

Tacoma acoustic will have point headstocks,Sharkfin inlays, cool Dragon graphics and recessed Floyd Rose.
                  How cool can it be?

Comment

I also read that the Tacoma factory will also build the Guild acoustics.

Comment

They could build the brand or they could let it flounder and use all of Tacoma's assets like I said above. FMIC doesn't really need another acoustic brand though because they already own Guild.

And yes, Fender does build amps but hard rock and metal guys probably won't be receptive to a VH model with the Fender tag on it.

Comment

Maybe we (us and Tacoma fans) should form an FMIC-buyout support group?

Comment

What I am thinking is they bought the factory for its capability of building acoustics and being on the west coast. When they bought SUNN years ago they moved Fender amp production to that facility. They will likely make both brabds under the one rood unless the market doesn't buy one of the brands anymore and it is dropped.

Comment

...You mean like how Fender and J/C share the same roof?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Buy Gibson

[/ QUOTE ]Bite your tongue Toru! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X