Add Tacoma to the list of FMIC acquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add Tacoma to the list of FMIC acquisitions

I've been a Tacoma dealer for a few years now and they make great stuff. Compared to Martin or Taylor Tacoma offers the same quality at a price that's much lower. Still, it's not an easy brand to sell in the Northeast.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Tacoma's sell good around here, since it was a local high quality product.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

"...hard rock and metal guys probably won't be receptive to a VH model with the Fender tag on it."

I thought the same about Peavey...

Comment

You read my mind!

Comment

Where are the antitrust laws? Before long you will have no
            choices left. Let's not forget M.A.P. Which is nothing but
            price fixing. Just my .02.
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Where are the antitrust laws? Before long you will have no
              choices left. Let's not forget M.A.P. Which is nothing but
              price fixing. Just my .02.

[/ QUOTE ]
              I don't like the consolidation either. I also think MAP is annoying as hell when I just want to get a quick real world idea of just HOW expensive the next Jackson too expensive for me to buy would cost. BUT, I don't see it as price fixing. The dealers don't have to SELL at that price, they can sell it to you for a dollar if they want to (and you ask). Jackson is a pretty known marquee and thus, needs their "prices" to match that so they don't look "cheap". I don't necessarily agree with this, but I don't blame them either and see where they're coming from. Now the 15% increase, that was pure bullshit. Same stuff for more money. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ...You mean like how Fender and J/C share the same roof?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is more than one roof at Corona. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ya knew what I meant. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Tacoma sold great at our shop for about a year, then jus' plain died. We can't seem to give them away now, and I've heard the same from several other dealers.

Comment

M.A.P. is price fixing when AMS MF Music123 GC & my local music stores all have the same guitar at the same price.
                      It is not just music gear the same applies to consumer electronics (TVs digital cameras, computers, etc.) Why do you think Circuit City, Best Buy and other stores have low price guarantees. They all sell at the same price!
                      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Hopefully they don't stop making the shape because they resemble the look of a Gibson acoustic.... lol. How come guitar companies don't sue each other over that???? lol.

Comment

Minimum advertised price is not minimum sale price. Maybe it is for the online-only stores like Music123 and MF, but NOT for your local store, and NOT for our Jackson sponsors.

If a store is selling at MAP, that is their decision, not Fender strong arming them. Thay can sell lower if they want to.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Tacoma did sell well when the company was new, but after a while the line died for us too. The guitars were really good... Most likely it's because their advertising SUCKED! A couple years ago we were told Tacoma had hired the advertising company that handled Starbucks and we were lead to believe big things were going to happen with the line. Bah!! The only thing that happened is I had to keep dusting the guitars that we had in stock because they sat around for so long.
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

fender twin amps rock...great warm tone.

Comment

Tacoma is such a poop hole place, I can't understand someone would name their guitar after it. Oh well, better that Compton or Watts guitar. I wonder if this has anything to do with Tacoma sell their guitars at Costco last month. It wasn't a grey market because the Tacoma Rep's were there.
                                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                                X