Satin chrome floyds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satin chrome floyds?

I'm not quite sure which forum to post this in, so I'll post it here. The import forum seems incorrect, since my question is about floyds, not guitars.

My MIJ DK2 has a JT580LP licensed floyd. I'm looking to replace it with a quality floyd. However, this guitar has satin chrome hardware throughout. I dont think black or chrome hardware would look very good at all (its dark metallic violet/purple btw), so I want to replace it with a satin chrome tremolo. Anyone know of any?

Re: Satin chrome floyds?

Unfortunately I think only the JT580 and LP versions come with the satin chrome finish. I don't know why manufacturers don't offer bridge hardware with a satin chrome as they'd probably sell quite a bit on the aftermarket as they just look more classy than plain chrome. Sperzels usually look funny on a guitar with regular chrome.

It can't cost much more to manufacture parts in satin chrome either, and if someone made OFR quality trems in satin I'd replace quite a few Floyds on my guitars, not to mention if they made satin Tune-O-matic brige/tailpiece sets to fit Gibson spacing.

Comment

Working...
    X