RR1 Pro with 'Reflex' Pickups?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 Pro with 'Reflex' Pickups?????

Help! Just got myself an RR1 Pro and it has REFLEX Active Pups in it. I have never heard of them and the only brief info I can find about them is on Harmony Central - which tells me nothing. Does anybody know anything about these Pups? They measure 2.5Kohms with a meter and there is a sealed black box and 9v battery in the control cavity. They seem to work ok but are a bit 'muddy sounding'? Also, can I find out what year my RR1 is from the serial No? -- J101661 -- Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: RR1 Pro with \'Reflex\' Pickups?????

Your Rhoads Pro is from 91 and Reflex pickups were an option on Pro and USA guitars from that time frame.

Comment

The Reflx pups were an option back then... Theres a couple differnt versions of them too. The red logod ones are the real hot ones. the Silver are more vintagy or classic.I think there is another variety but cant remeber what color the logo is. Maybe blue?
      Anyway.. Reflex pups were made in england and IMO put EMGs to shame more rounded in tone and extremly quiet. I have them in a 92 Stealth pro and they are amaizing pups. Very versatile. I also have a set of reds H/S/S that i gotta figure out what to do with since i sold all my Fenders.
      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
        I also have a set of reds H/S/S that i gotta figure out what to do with since i sold all my Fenders.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could always drop them in a Model 4, Gil! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Ok - Thanks for the Info - its much appreciated. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Gary... yeah i could if I only had a model 4 [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Gil

Comment

I think Gary meant you could drop them in his Model 4 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I like your thinking Newc [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I ended up putting them in my DK2S cus the sustainer wasnt working right. But now the post cut out a bit when turned all the way up and i get a bit of a hum..
                  Gil

Comment

This new resurrection trend sure is cool, but Andy left TWO YEARS ago

I didn't know the story on the Reflex pups. Thanks Gil! hehe
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

hahaha.

Comment

Well im still gettin used to the new board AGAIN> :P

Comment

Working...
                        X