EVH fans...Lookie what I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH fans...Lookie what I found

Found this mag stashed in a drawer. Mint condition with pullout poster. Feb 1990. Has the TAB for "Beat it"....I think that's why I bought it....Great solo! Makes me feel old though. A few good J/C ads. Got another one from Jan 1987 with Neal Schon & Viv Campbell on the cover. It's a "Guitar for the practicing musician" mag....remember those?

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: EVH fans...Lookie what I found

Guitar for the practicing musician" was the best....

they have them again, bi-monthly from guitar world, but the only similarity is the name, it's not quite the same mag.

How's the beat it solo coming along?
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    nand

Comment

I have that issue someplace- ahhh, the memories...... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

yep, I remember that mag...cool.

Comment

why....why i think hes holding one of the most hidious guitars ive ever seen. Oh, look what i found here!

it looks like eddies playin an old gibson es350! jeez...times have changed, wouldnt you say?

Comment

Cool, I used to have that one. I had tons of guitar mags back then and don't really know what the hell happened to them. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy shit, Jack White copied his trademark red/white guitar from EVH! What a ripoff artist!

Nice Skull Skates t-shirt he's wearing. I used to want one of their decks really badly when I was young.

Comment

Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Cool! I've got a stack of 80's guitar mags about <-yea-> high. Remember the days when you couldn't wait for next month's issue to come out?
                  God, I feel so old... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have every guitar mag from about 1984 to about 1996. They are in my attic, about 30-40 boxes full. I'll never get rid of them. When I was broke, they where they only lessons I could afford.
                    www.kiddhavok.com
                    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

my dad's got a lot of those old issues. i poor over them hours upon hours, i've read every article at least 3 times. i'm only 16, so naturally it sparked my curiosity.

Comment

I've still got most of my guitar mags in footlockers. I threw out a bunch of mid-90's Alternative/Grunge issues though - shoulda put em on Ebay [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I got all the old ones [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Still got all the posters, too - including the huge 4-page Rhoads with his white V you see on Ebay sometimes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i only have a few of what i once had [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by DT 87:
                            my dad's got a lot of those old issues.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Way to make me feel old! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

oh dude, that's NOTHIN!

i still have my first guitar mag.... GTFPM from Nov 83. and EVH is on the cover. it's a live shot, and he's got....knickers and red/white striped knee high socks on.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X