In Memoriam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memoriam...

As many of you have known I lost my beloved mother to breast cancer last winter. She was only 58. (I sought your thoughts and prayers in the "non C/J discussion" area: http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...=002868#000000)

And as many of you know, I've been fascinated with a certain fine airbrush artist in California who has already done several masterpieces for me (Warrior Dragon and Warrior Skulls). And so I called upon her a third time to complete a tribute graphic for my mom. At the funeral we had Holy Cards and the theme on one of them was the Virgin Mary holding the Christ Child. I had to have that done on a Jackson, you know, the mother and child theme.

What you are looking at below is an absolutely lovely tribute to my mom depicting the Holy Card, which I show with the guitar.

This used to be a USA Dinky from 1989 in FSU maroon paint, dual hums (EMG-89 and 81), 3 way blade, single volume, JT-590 trem, and an all maple neck. Now it's the ultimate tribute guitar for me. At the funeral mass my father read a tear-jerking poem which has been put down on the rear of the guitar. (Albeit, the word 'affectionate' is misspelled, but this will be corrected!)

Check the flame on the back of the neck! And then the entire guitar below. Isn't it great that we love our Jacksons so much? And how much more special can a guitar be than a meaningful tribute such as this. Surely, mom, you are smiling down from Heaven as I honor your time with us as a daughter, mother, wife, friend, teacher, and above all, a beautiful, loving woman. Miss ya like crazy, mom!

Almost forgot to mention that most of the guitar has metal flake in the paint and the truss rod cover has the Christian cross on it in a golden orange...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: In Memoriam...

Nice tribute man.Moms are very special.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

man...that thing is, its amazing. and i'm sorry for your loss brother.

i'm really not to good with these things, but you made something pretty great , my utmost respect to you, sir!

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Joe - I'd probably fall over dead if my Mom died [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        Lord knows it was hard enough to watch her have 2 cancer surgeries (colon and lung) but she's come through both without Chemo or Radiation therapy.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I lost my aunt who was like a mother to me 5 years ago to brest cancer. I can't say that I know exactly how you feel, but I have a pretty good idea. My aunt was almost the same age as your Mom.

Words cannot describe what you have done with this guitar. To say that it is beautiful would be a gross understatment. God bless.

Jim
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Joe, that is beautiful. You are good man.

Comment

That is one special guitar. Very nice and a fitting tribute.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

What a beautiful guitar- your mother raised a fine man, which say a lot about her. God Bless.

Comment

Joe,
                  I’m sitting here in complete awe looking and reading the guitar you had made. I’m at a loss of words to use that can express the compassion put into that guitar. I don’t personal know you, but you have shown a human qualitity, that it would be a privilege to have you as a friend, as I’m sure your family and friends in your life can attest to. I believe we have your Mother to thank. That tells all of us what a special person your Mother was.

Eric
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

my thoughts and prayers to your loss. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

It's so sweet of you to pay such tribute to your mom. My condolensce to the death of your mother, may her rest in peace. And you pal, take good care of this special guitar! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

That's marvelous, and I am sure it helps with your healing process.

What a wonderful tribute.

- Eric
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

That is a beautiful memorial to your mother. I'd say she was as blessed to have you as you were to have her.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Sorry for your loss bro'. That's a beautiful guitar, a fitting way to remember and pay tribute.

Comment

Outstanding Joe [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] A fine tribute from a great son.
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X