Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of pics from the Philly show.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of pics from the Philly show.....

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics from the philly guitar show yesterday. It was a great time and I even finally got to meet Jim Shine and Mike (MHGOLDTOP). They're both great guys and it was pleasure meeting them. Mike got to tear apart one of JC Guitars' Charvel to check the numbers but I'll let him tell that story if he wants as I'm not sure if he bought it or not [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Here are the pics:

Interesting Charvels

Interesting Charvels 2

Fender Custom Shop

Nice Jackson Blue Bengal

Martins 1,000,000th guitar

Martins 1,000,000th guitar (back)

Martin Veterans tribute

Martin Veterans tribute closer

Mike and Jim

Charvel in question

Charvel neckplate #1842 I believe

PRS Dragon
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Couple of pics from the Philly show.....

Great pics - thanks! That hot rod flame #1842 is pretty sweet - was is snagged?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yes, that was mine I sold after I got it back from GMW.
      I have a picture of the guitar before it was sent to GMW.

It didn't have any finish on the body and the 3way switch was placed very far from Volume pot.
      So I had Lee to filled the hole and moved it to the right place as you can see in the picture from the Show.

According to my friend who sold it to me,the body was Black and originally 1hum with V.trem.
      The neck came from another older Charvel(84 or 5, don't rmember)and it was like that when he bougt it.

Cool guitar I am missing. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah Toru, I kinda wish I still had it too.

Comment

Budman, Thanks for posting these pics!

I love it!
          That PRS Dragon didnt look that impressive on film..
          Perhaps in life its nicer ;-)
          It must be one of the newer ones, no?

Comment

yeah i got it... i nearly had to give my buddie's left nut to close the deal. JC was very cool to deal with, I beat him up hard on the $$$ and he kept taking the punches! But we came to an agreement that was a little more than I really wanted to pay and a little less than he wanted to get...it was cool to meet budman and jim... and I am glad our hypothesis was right. It's always good to have multiple eyes on a piece while authenticating.

Those other "things"...may have been old Charvel bits...bit they were way fugazi. I wasnt comfortable with the actual neck wood on either,meaning it wasn't old enough wood, and wasn't cut in the 70's by any means..the bodies could have been fine...but they were cobbed and overpriced...now the boogie bodies thing was real, but the body was kinda mucked about around the trem...but the neck was very cool, reminiscent of EVH B&W neck. I was tempted,but at $850 all I would have gotten for my money was the neck...
            It's gonna get worse at these shows since most dealers are not Charvel guys and from a different era, they are going to jump on the Charvel wagon (just see those fukked up ones above) and try to milk $$$ on something that THEY couldn't properly identify and authenticate.
            So I was lucky to have additional opinions from budman and jim on my purchase.
            It's cool to see the pic of my new aquisition in the nude!
            so tonite i will set it up for C# and some proper heavy strings. the neck alone is worth more to me than the price of the axe. Incredible. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah budman, thanks for puttin' the pictures up! Very nice guitars. What is the philly guitar show? Kind of a purist flea market?

No price on the PRS Dragon?

/Henrik
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

#1842. I bought that from Torua while ago. Then sold it to Justin at JC guitars a few months later. HRF re-fin from GMW, and it was a killer job. If I'm correct, the neck is not original to the body, and it was modded from one hum v-trem, to 2 hum floyd. That's what I know about it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork:
                  #1842. I bought that from Torua while ago. Then sold it to Justin at JC guitars a few months later. HRF re-fin from GMW, and it was a killer job. If I'm correct, the neck is not original to the body, and it was modded from one hum v-trem, to 2 hum floyd. That's what I know about it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe you hit it right on the head sir [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Mike will be happy to know because that's basicaly what we came up with.
                  Dave ->

Comment

Scott, I honestly didn't even look at the price as I had a feeling I wasn't in the market for one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I must say that it was a bit "gaudy" and I didn't like the hardware but it's definitely something to see "in person" as it's a work of art.

Henrik, yeah, there was a lot of used vintage stuff there but there were many young builders showing off their wares and I'm very impressed with what's being done out there. I must say though that I'm tired of seeing the PRS copies. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Glad you all enjoyed the pics, and thanks to the owners of the Charvel in question for filling us in on it. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Dave ->

Comment

Thanks for the pics budman! I wish I'd have been there.

Comment

Tom, I thought that was the HRF you had before, I can't beleive you sold it!!!....it's soooo cool....it looks awesome, congrats to its new owner!

Comment

Cool pics.

Comment

Thanx for the pics guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X