Zakk's new LTD Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zakk\'s new LTD Rhoads

The good thing is that Zakk is keeping the Randy legacy alive by playing that guitsr. I just wish Jackson would allow one to order custom shop models based on that shape. I like the LTD but I don't like tiny frets, etc. A chunkier neck like Zakk's would be cool, too.

Comment

Nothing beats the originals though...

Comment

Where is the PU selecter on that guitar, ejpii?
        Or am I missing something?

Comment

Ejpii
          Cool string thru!! Have one also and think its killer!! Mine really plays very very well. How about yours?
          Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Sancho
            Its on the top side of the body-Very cool!
            Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMac:
              Ejpii
              Cool string thru!! Have one also and think its killer!! Mine really plays very very well. How about yours?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love it. Plays great. I had mine made with a mahogany neck and wings, instead of the maple neck alder wings. It is by far one of the best sounding guitars tonally I have without plugging into an amp.

[ June 30, 2004, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: ejpii ]

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                Nothing beats the originals though...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From a collectors point of view the originals are the originals. I personally prefer tuno-matics, Kahlers and non recessed Floyds in that order. I wonder how many string thrus were made 6 that I know of and mine was the only mahogany one out of that batch. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JohnnyMac:
                  Ejpii
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love it. Plays great. I had mine made with a mahogany neck and wings, instead of the maple neck alder wings. It is by far one of the best sounding guitars tonally I have without plugging into an amp. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Randy's was all maple, were the original LTD's made with alder wings?...

Comment

I think the originals were made with poplar wings

Comment

Working...
                    X