Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Crossroads" debate.. Charvel or Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Crossroads" debate.. Charvel or Jackson?

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
    4.) Under VIDEO ACCELERATION, drag the slider over to NONE.

5.) Click on APPLY and then OK.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great info, NOTP! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

There's a couple of minor flaws though:

When doing step 5.) Media player resets/rewinds the video to 00:00.

Piss feature #2 is that, now you can't jump to say 04:15 in an .avi file. You have to watch the whole thing and then hit pause.

Maybe this is only true with .avi files.

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Re: The &quot;Crossroads&quot; debate.. Charvel or Jackson?

Man! are you guys blind?! That guitar Vai was playing is clearly a Gibson Les Paul!!

Fong

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:

Piss feature #2 is that, now you can't jump to say 04:15 in an .avi file. You have to watch the whole thing and then hit pause.

Maybe this is only true with .avi files.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, I never realized this. I haven't tried AVI files for video captures before. They just don't seem that "common". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry fong, I cant buy that..... [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Boxcar got this one nailed. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] after all, if you were Jack Butler, the devil's champion, and were condemed to playing in hell for all eternity, what else would you play but a Hondo!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Boxcar what happened to that Hondo forum you guys started??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

and what ever happened to the Lemon Oil forum?? those were good days!!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Tone
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER:
            I still say it's a late serialized Charvel with a Jackson logo!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, they're not Charvels with Jackson logos, they are Jacksons with Charvel neck plates. Of ALL the late examples I've seen have a volume + tone knob, late Charvels generally did not have tone knobs, but late Jacksons did.

Besides, all the Jackson neck plates were probably moved to Ontario, while the Charvel name was being phased out, so EVERY one of the last Glendora guitars got a Charvel neck plate, no matter what they really were.

You can put a Lexus logo on a Toyota, but it's still a Toyota. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

yeah especially when a lot of toyota's have ended up looking like stripped down copies. i know they're both the same company, but sheesh!

Comment

Wow, I have been battling for years, claiming that guitar was a Charvel. I even posted some good pics of the neckplate shot, I may have them around here somewhere?! But that shot of the headstock does really look like a Jackson logo is covered up??! I know that there is supposedly a Guitar World article out there where Steve said that the Jackson logo was covered up so as not to piss off Michael Jackson, but so far we haven't seen proof of that one. My theory holds that the logo was covered up so as not to offend potential buyers of Charvel/Jackson products by being depicted with the 'Devils' axe slinger!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks for those pics, I will have to check out my VHS copy again...

Comment

Im sure he was joking.

The movie was low budget, and they didn't need to shell out a couple thousand for the rights of the name.

Comment

Sorry Xeno but IMO if it has a Charvel serial # it's a Charvel!!

Comment

It is a Charvel for sure! He put on the Jackson neck due to the abuse the guitar was given at the end of the scene. I know I wouldn't want to throw down a guitar with the awesome charvel neck on it. After the filming, I'm sure he had the Charvel neck put back on. Plus the Jackson neck looks more devilish, and fit the role better IMHO.
                      1990 Jackson Professional
                      1992 Dean ML
                      2004 Epiphone Flying V
                      2005 Epiphone Dot
                      2009 Fender Stratocaster
                      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                      2006 Fender P Bass
                      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                      Custom Pedalboard
                      ADA MP1
                      ADA FX2
                      Tascam 2488

Comment

Originally posted by DJROBA:
                        It is a Charvel for sure! He put on the Jackson neck due to the abuse the guitar was given at the end of the scene. I know I wouldn't want to throw down a guitar with the awesome charvel neck on it. After the filming, I'm sure he had the Charvel neck put back on. Plus the Jackson neck looks more devilish, and fit the role better IMHO.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, the only thing different about the Jackson and Charvel necks of that time was the logo.. and maybe the luthier joint placement, which is what/why I was trying to get a shot of the back of the neck in the first place.... I would guess that it's a pointy Charvel anyway, if that was the case.. and the headstocks would have been the virtually identical as far as the visual aspect of it goes... Now, the strathead in the background.. that's a different story! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I just realized something.... I've had a replica of this guitar made!

The Charvel USA Standard that I ordered is Ferarri Red, Maple fretboard, with a Floyd.

I can't wait to get it!
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Look, you guys can promote your favorite little pet theories all you want, but the film doesn't lie:

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

nice work PT. Finally, a decent screen cap.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Doesn't that guitar have a metallic red finish? What ever happened to the real thing anyway? We have so many industry guys here they must have an answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X