Rhoads vs. King V2 vs. KV2T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads vs. King V2 vs. KV2T?

I haven't played a V-shaped guitar in a very long time and I'm thinking of getting one eventually. How does the Rhoads (RR1 or RR1T) compare to the KV2 in terms of balance? How about the KV2T compared to the KV2? I'm undecided on the TOM vs. Floyd right now, but I won't have a problem with either, so that's not a real big deal.
    I've had a couple Kellies, but the bodies seemed to tilt down and out from my stomach and towards the floor a little. I had a Warrior once and decided I didn't care for the way it sat... it seemed like it was too far left of my body and that I was reaching a little more with my left hand. I'm more of a Strat/Dinky/Les Paul player, but I think I need a V-shape in the future. Any help would be great. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Rhoads vs. King V2 vs. KV2T?

I have had a Rhoads since 1984. I have only recently purchased the Big Red proto so I have not used a KV style to long. I feel for a v the Rhoads is better suited for sitting down and playing. Standing up they are pretty equal. IMO of course

Comment

The KV2 does tilt down and away from your stomach a little. At least mine does with the straplocks I have on it. It's really no problem...I actually find it quite comfortable.

Comment

There's one factor that may or may not be important to you; the KV2 models have the smaller "standard" frets while the Rhoads models have jumbos.

Hope this helps.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

i like the size of the frets of a KV2.

Comment

I've had both, and I personally prefer the KV due to its larger size (though not a true Double Roads - yet [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), and because I thought the KV (Mustaine and Custom Ash V) was better suited for sitting because you could work the bottom wing with your shin and didn't have to squeeze your legs together like with a Rhoads (thus avoiding ballmash [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
              There's one factor that may or may not be important to you; the KV2 models have the smaller "standard" frets while the Rhoads models have jumbos.

Hope this helps.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That doesn't bother me. I like both. Most of my guitars now seem to have smaller frets anyway.

I've been leaning a little more towards the King V anyway. Thanks, guys! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                Double Roads - yet [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ),
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Watch out, Ron is on the prowl. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Newc:

(thus avoiding ballmash [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X