Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel/Fender props from Dokken!

[ QUOTE ]
    it was warlock. you can see levin shred in the "All We Are" video.

[/ QUOTE ]Wrong. That's Niko Avrantis and Tommy Bolan in that video. Doro had another guitarist after Levin that also looked just like him; she seems to dig that look! That guy's on a concert tape I have of the True at Heart tourfrom 1991. I can't recall his name but read the credits thinking it'd be Levin and it wasn't.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have to get that new Dokken CD. I love that band. I guess I am one of the few that likes every version of Dokken and every album. Of course... the early Lynch stuff are my favorites.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Hell To Pay, John. Levin does the Lynch thing to a tee, but still has his own style. I like all their stuff too, except Shadowlife I can't get into at all. Long Way Home is my second least favorite but it has its moments that I like.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

anyone read that Dokken quote in the Shadows Fall cover Revolver?

something about Don and George, and George's ego. they had a disagreement, George thought he was a god, and Don disagreed, and George left?

Comment

I met a guy at Ozzfest back in '99. He said he had his own magazine, like Guitar 2000 or something it was called, might have been an online mag or whatever, but he said he interviewed George who said he left because of Don's ego and that since the band was named after him that he should get most of the money. He said Don was a real dick and just didn't want to deal with him again any more.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I probably have every album made by Dokken. I don't care what everyone thinks, Don is a great vocalist. Of course George is my all time fav axe slinger, but hey, I've got all his stuff too! I love 'em both.
              Here's a list of "must have" Dokken albums: (in order of my favorites)

#1. Under Lock and Key
              #2. Breaking the Chains
              #3. Tooth and Nail
              #4. Back For the Attack
              #5. Beast From the East
              #6. Back in the Streets
              #7. Long Way Home
              #9. One Live Night
              #10. Shadowlife
              #11. Erase the Slate
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I think I probably have every album made by Dokken. I don't care what everyone thinks, Don is a great vocalist. Of course George is my all time fav axe slinger, but hey, I've got all his stuff too! I love 'em both.
                Here's a list of "must have" Dokken albums: (in order of my favorites)

#1. Under Lock and Key
                #2. Breaking the Chains
                #3. Tooth and Nail
                #4. Back For the Attack
                #5. Beast From the East
                #6. Back in the Streets
                #7. Long Way Home
                #9. One Live Night
                #10. Shadowlife
                #11. Erase the Slate

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too Mark!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I recall seeying a movie of a concert from Dokken with George Lynch in Japan '95. I knew George and Don had their issues, but I think (and please don't hate me if I'm wrong) Don interupted one of George's solos and just picked up the vocals again. I really got pissed off at that sight, if I didn't misinterpet it. George's solo albums have been great, and I loved Dokken in the late '80ies and since Beach. I recall reading something about Dokken trying to record in the mid ninetees but the record company refused to release the album without Lynch, because it just wouldn't sell as much. That proves to me how vital Lynch was for Dokken. The reason those two albums weren't succesful were because George his tracks were already lain down in front of him, he basically just had to record what was already there. He did however, and this is a very cool George habit, gave those recordings his own personal touch probably mostly in the solos. I think the early Lynch Mob were incredible, I just can't get tired of Oni's vocals, put in George's playing and there's magic!

Levin is good, but I'm not really impressed, I'm not a die hard Lynch fan or anything, but comparing Lynch and Levin is like comparing Coke and Pepsi. I love hearing Hell to Pay though

Comment

Hey Neeradj good to see you here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Uhh,...Hello my name is Brian and I'm a Lynchaholic.
                      I have 90 some percent of Dokkens album catalog. But what is worse I now own or have owned almost every brand of electric George has owned. I have currently an Aria Pro II, Charvel SD and model series , ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes, just purchased a Kramer 500st, sold off a fender strat, and an old Gibson accoustic. I never planned this. Thankfully I haven't followed suit in the amp department, the way George changes equipment I would be bankrupt.

Comment

Hey Shakeel, there must be a lot of dutch forum dudes hanging around here, cool to see you bro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

@Mudkicker: Yeah George seems to have owned or played everything under the sun. I'm really curious about his Peavey Brahma which should be out starting next year. If it's anything like his modded Plexi it's worth checking out! But watch out dude, he might be ditching that the year after [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm a huge George fan. I like listening to his stuff way after Don was out of the picture. I'd much rather listen to George without Don than to listen to Don without George! (did that make sense?) LOL! I still like Don's vocals though.
                          Here's a pic of my bar (or at least a portion) where you can see in the far left corner a road case top that George owned and toured with when he was still with Don. In the far right corner you can see the Genz Benz 4X12 cab George played through. It has never been taken off the lower half of the road case since I got it. It's kinda like a little piece of George lives in my house now. I'm happy with that! I think of him every time I jam with it! A really cool part of the story is that I bought it from someone on eBay about 3 years ago who looked at me kinda strange when I said I collected Charvels/Jacksons. There wasn't a single Charvel or Jackson in the house! (I drove about 4 hours to pick it up), and now he's a member here and has seen the light! (tmdiamond). Tom, (if you're reading this) the road case still has the Fed Ex sticker on it (directly from George). !! Oh yeah. I'll never part with it. Besides that, it sounds absolutely killer! I know my Crate Stealth head probably isn't up to most folks standards but this rig sounds killer. I'm happy enough that I haven't shopped for amps in a long time!
                          Just a little trivia fer ya!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                          X