JCF-02 almost complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCF-02 almost complete

In regards to that alder VS poplar thing, lemme see if I've got my facts right. It was common for the earlier Jacksons to have poplar wings, and these Big Reds have that, correct? Wonder why poplar isn't commonly used on Jacksons today.

Comment

I think yes.
      Poplar was used very often.

What about the paint material and back plate shape?

Comment

Many people do like the sound of poplar. I think it sounds close to alder, others hear a difference.

Also, Poplar has gone up in price in recent times. It is no longer a cheaper substitute for alder.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          also, if anyone's interested, you can always have one made. we don't have an exclusivity right on the series anymore.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a shame to see the JCF YCE come to an end, but I can totally understand. It's just too much for the admins and the dealer. I can see the stress of doing the limited runs that dealers have been doing. I can't imagine putting the YCE's together.

At least there are two awesome limited Jacksons That pay respect to two great musicians that inspired most of us. And better yet, they are within the JCF where we all know that they are respected and appreciated.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

So alder has become the cheaper substitute for poplar... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Heh, maybe in the next couple of decades, we might see poplar as endangered and coveted as Brazilian rosewood and Hawaiian koa... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Stuka That picture is of the most dangerous & famous assasin of all time El Gato how did you come about this picture? His Passion for the Red Dot is greater than any in ouf proffesion. Don't let his cute grey little fuzzyness fool you he ia a natural born killer, one of thew highest paid in the buisness.
              [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Exclusivity rights are gone only on JCF02 or JCF01 as well?

Comment

i'd guess both, really, but that's just a guess.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah Joel, but you can buy a 100 left nuts on the black market installed & everything...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] besides you still have that Trans Blue strung thru the Body Warrior with Iron cross inlays right, Not that I remember such a guitar in detail or anything. Quiet Dave... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been searching for replacement left nuts on Ebay for a while now....nothing that matches the right so far....
                    Blue string thru Warrior??? Oh yeah...I've got one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Don't forget the rev. headstock [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    She'll be with me to my dying day [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Joel
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                    X