LSR tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR tuners?

Could someone tell me what these tuners are?

I saw them on the guitar generator and on this pic:

All I know is that they are LSR tuners and that the LSR site is http://members.aol.com/intertunei/LSR.tuners/index.html.
    So could someone tell me more about them?
    Although they look horrible, i liked the 40:1 ratio and the No Twisting Around Peg - Less Stress on String thing.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Cheers, Ben

Re: LSR tuners?

LSR Tuners are a pain in the ass...they break very easily.

Comment

The strings break easily or the tuners themselves? They look to be built pretty solidly, but I haven't tried them myself.

Comment

I had LSR on two of my Jacksons and they were maintenance free, top line tuners. On top of that, they look cool as shite. I'm curious, what part on the tuner breaks?
        "POOP"

Comment

I agree, I have them on one guitar and won't go out of my way to buy another that's similarly equipped. I've yet to break one but they are indeed very flimsy & cheaply made.

The 40:1 ratio is interesting but the design of the tuners sort of defeats much of the potential advantage. In short the length of the lever arm you use to turn the tuner is as important to being able to make fine adjustments as the gear ratio. If you compare an LSR tuner to a normal tuner with a key on the end you'll see that the LSR's lever arm (the distance from the center axis of the tuner shaft to the edge of the barrel you turn to tune) is way shorter than that of a normal tuner whose lever arm is the distance from the center of the axis of the tuner shaft to the edge of the key.

Personally I'd buy a set (or 4 considering the cost of LSRs) of your favorite locking tuners instead.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

but how do these tuners work? if they don't twist around a peg, how does the tuner grab the string? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i don't get it...

Comment

I talked to the guys at LSR yesterday, I ordered 3 sets for 2 of my Warriors & a set of 7 for my RR7 can't wait.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                but how do these tuners work? if they don't twist around a peg, how does the tuner grab the string? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i don't get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

In the opened position, you turn the tuner knob and a pin locks the string down. Then you push in the end of the tuner & turn the tuner knob. This will catch and start to draw the piece inside thus tightening the string.

I have nothing but positives to say about LSR's. They hold tune forever & fine tune quickly & easily. String changes are as fast a they are with Sperzels. That and they look cool [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hell, I still use and prefer regular non-locking tuners. I don't use tremolos, so no tuning problems here.

Comment

i have always thought they were unbeliveably ugly

Comment

I will have my KV1 by the end of the week.
                      So let's see how these tuners will work.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i had them on an oxblood firebird i used to own. i think they are bad ass lookin'but a pain in the ass to string up.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X