No announcement yet.

Neck replacement?!! Where do I go now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck replacement?!! Where do I go now?

Now that GMW is shut down and will not offer their neck with their head stock for sale....and they no longer offer neck replacements.....Where can I get a quality neck replacement for my San Dimas Charvel Pointy or Strat?

Re: Neck replacement?!! Where do I go now?

Warmoth

Comment

How about that CUSTOMWOODS guy on EBAY? His necks look pretty nice, but I don't want to be the first one to buy one around here. Has anyone bought from this guy?

Comment

Ask Newc about them. I saw that he has one in his post "Need info on Vai's Green Meanie" in this section.

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

i got mine form sully, but i don't know if he will do the strat head amymore. he is still doing pointies AFAIK. i love the neck he made me more than any other guitar that i have. it just feels right!

if you already have a strathead charvel or jackson. FMIC might replace it, but it would require you giving up the original to them. (prove's athentisity and keeps you from using it on another guitar that could "potentially" not be a real FMIC product.)
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

www.sullyguitars.com
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Carvin offers paddle headstocks on their neck-thrus so you can cut your own shape. Not sure about the bolt-ons or not. Call and ask.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

> What did you mean about GMW being "shut down"? Are they kaput,or just not selling replacement necks? Has FMIC stopped them from making Stratheads,as well as pointies? Tommy D.
                "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I've got a CustomWoods neck, as JacksonFan stated - maple/maple Strathead with authentic-spaced 12th fret dots, 1 5/8" nut width, kinda thick "Stratty" profile. It was unfinished (no oil, no clear) when I got it, and the fret ends do feel a tiny bit rough, but the radius is nice and it's comfy - not too thick, but not Shredder thin.

I've had a few Warmoth necks and honestly I'd go with them simply because the fret ends would be finished better, plus you don't have to worry about Fender shutting them down for it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  Warmoth will do anything but a real 24 fret neck - that 5-inch-taint overhang that covers your neck pickup is not a "real" 24 fret neck.
                  As long as you want a Fender-spec heel and 21 or 22 frets, they'll use any wood and do most any shape - from Strat to Ken Lawrence.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

GMW is not out of business. Lee just can't make Strat head or Jackson pointies anymore. He has a new original headstock ( or 2 ) being revealed in January.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      www.sullyguitars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Is sully actually "making" these necks? </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I am confused....Did GMW actually "make" their own necks or they received them from another supplier?

Comment

GMWs necks are made by an outside supplier.
                          So are Sully's.
                          So are almost everybodies who aren't Fender, et al.

Comment

Who makes GMW's necks ? Another company who is licensed to make Fender shapes is Allparts.

Comment

They are made with San Dimas Charvel templates by a small shop Lee contracts with.

Comment

Working...
                              X