No announcement yet.

Neck replacement?!! Where do I go now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neck replacement?!! Where do I go now?

Man, I wish there was a company out there that would make exactly what I need. Warmoth comes close.

Comment

I would say Warmoth too. I have used a few necks form them and I love them. Go with stainless frets. They are great. Always smooth and way less wear/cleaning. I love the Wolfgang backshape they do a great job on it. I have a few with 1 5/8 nutwidths and stainless 6105 (my favorites)frets on them. The stratheads they do are really great. never had a pointy one from them...

Comment

Pitboss, what are you looking for specifically?

Comment

Aren't the stainless steel frets a little bright? I know that they last mega! I had a guitar years ago with stainless and the frets barely wore at all. I thought it was bright (I think), but it was years ago so I don't know. It's been so long that I may like stainless now. I've always been a nickel fan, but they wear quicker. after a few months (if not sooner) you can tell what chords have been played just by the fret wear.

Woah! I got off the subject there. On the Warmoth topic, I've played a few guitars with their necks and I thought the necks felt great. Good fretwork too!

Comment

22 fret Jackson regular pointy MOP sharkies, regular ( non-locking trem ) nut, ivoroid binding on neck and head 1 11/16 width . You'd think this would be fairly easy to find but there ain't many out there. Warmoth will make everything but the binding on the headstock. K Easton has a nice USA but it has dots and no binding. I'm unsure if I want to spend big $$ to have binding and sharkies installed on an existing neck - that means new frets, etc. Maybe I need to get over my love of binding and sharkies !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Warmoth will make everything but the binding on the headstock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I HATE that!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I wonder why they don't bind the headstocks too. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Seems strange to me. Or maybe they will bind the headstocks but it would have to be a special order rather than one of the Showcase necks? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sure if you get a sweet neck, you'll be happy either way. Although, If you spend the money now, down the road, you won't miss the money and you'll have the neck you want.

Comment

I love my warmoth neck. It's great.

Comment

Warmoth may be the only game in town (or clsoe to it), but the quality is very hit or miss IMHO. I bought a neck a few years ago for a project then it had to be re-cut before it played right. The builder told me this had happened with other Warmoth necks that people had brought him. I will never order from them again (never say never, but at this point, I am done with them). The nrck lookd great and the guitar actually plays great, but no thanks to Warmoth in that - the builder is top notch.

Too bad about GMW. Those guitars came perfect right out of the box.

My $0.02
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                    X