Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions for the Admins regarding the Classifieds section

Originally posted by KMaynard:
    Shouldn't affect you in the least.. one of the concerns I had was losing what we have already built up within the board.. I've been assured this wont happen ..
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Awesome [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Thanks for the response Kevin [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PRSPlayer:
      Senior Members ... you have made it VERY clear that this is YOUR forum. I know I'll probably get thrown out of the forum for voicing my opinions in this matter, and the sad part is ... this topic really had nothing to do with me (I'm not selling OR buying) other than the fact that I'm "new" and see this "policy" as totally unfair and bias. But, senior members, it is understood that this is YOUR forum and you have the right to run it any way you see fit. I have to respect that, but I don't necessarily have to agree.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The policy isn't set forth by the "senior" members of the board. It is set by the administration due to several different issues we have had regarding the classifieds over the years. These issues ranging from deals gone bad that the admisitration was asked to help out with, to new people spamming the board. You'll also note we are not a "public" board...we pay for our own server space as we have dealer sponsorship.. due to this reason we need protect the interest of our dealers. It is not fair for another dealer to come in and push his wares for free when we have people paying good money to keep the forum going. Without those dealers we have no JCF hence we are protective of it.

It bothers me that as a new member your coming in here attacking the politics of a board you are new too. How do you think you would viewed after agreeing to terms of service and then complaining of the terms? You have a total of 3 posts here and 2 of the 3 imo are negative and it need not be this way.

Please come in, introduce yourself and make friends with people.. enjoy the information that is here and contribute to it. Before you know it people get a feel for who you are and your "Junior" status goes away. I'm sure you have a lot to contribute to the board and I'm sure you'll enjoy the knowlegable people the currently contribute ...

Kev
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

*in my best beavis voice* Admins rule.... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

PRS guy its a waste of time dude they dont care .There board, there rules..It sux but its theres..If I see a thred that I like I engage .If not I look for one..My post count just keeps on adding up [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] ..I dont see anything on the classifieds anyway cept the same 20 or so people buying and selling ...Kinda like a business.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ..

Its there time money and resources that make a JCF..Gotta respect ownership, its the American way.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Like I said before, I don't see what the big deal is... It takes no time at all to hit 50 posts. I joined in Jan. and I am at over 600 posts. And believe me I don't exactly live on this board. I just post when I have a question or an answer, or I think someone is being stupid or mean or whatever. It shouldn't even be an issue. Hang out and 50 posts goes by in no time. This is honestly the best board I've belonged to. The people here really know there stuff and most have really whacky and weird senses of humor.
          So stick around you can learn alot here. Welcome aboard! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
            Like I said before, I don't see what the big deal is... It takes no time at all to hit 50 posts.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly. People should just shut the fuck up and deal with the rules instead of thinking they don't apply to everyone. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] If they can read and write, join a message board and post, how come all of the sudden they get stupid and can't read big red letters on the top of the Classified forum?!?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I usually try to stay out of these, but I have to say that both of you (kramerhater and PRSPlayer)have an attitude problem. What makes it more glaring is that you are new here. It would be nice for you to contribute before you rant about what you don't know or understand. The rules are in place for reason - that's all you need to know. There are plenty of other boards where everything is a free-for-all and have a 'Lord Of The Flies' type atmosphere - this isn't one of them.

Comment

First off ... I am not trying to come in and change anyones "policies". I'm simply trying to state MY OPINIONS as I see them from a "newbie" point of view. And as I see it, I expressed these opinions respectfully. There is no "attitude". I'm not trying to sell anything, yet I saw something that clearly showed bias and made very little sense to me, and I questioned it. WoW ... BIG mistake.

And while I'm sure "toejam's" mother must be very proud, I'm sure a majority of us can do without the "fuck you, deal with it" type comments. These comments are neither helpful nor productive. And if this is NOT the reason for this forum (to be helpful and productive) than this is DEFINATELY a waste of my, and everybody elses time.

"toejam" ... I believe you are a "senior member"?
                If this is true ... you are an EXTREMELY poor representation. For me to get flamed for my opinions while you are allowed the use of vulgar language and are disrespectful towards others says VOLUMES for this forum and it's "moderators and administrators" as well.

Oh, I forgot ... they must be too busy monitoring the classified section to make sure no "new members" try to sell anything. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

PS: I'm outta here ... if you need to get in touch with me, I'll be over in the more PRODUCTIVE forums.

Comment

PS: I'm outta here ... if you need to get in touch with me, I'll be over in the more PRODUCTIVE forums.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let me help you on your way...

Comment

"toejam" ... I believe you are a "senior member"?
                    If this is true ... you are an EXTREMELY poor representation. For me to get flamed for my opinions while you are allowed the use of vulgar language and are disrespectful towards others says VOLUMES for this forum and it's "moderators and administrators" as well.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did I flame you or anyone personally? No. I was making a general statement. Get a grip, asswipe. There, now I just flamed you, you dickwad!! Do you understand the difference now?!?

Comment

Unless I'm misreading his response, I don't see where he says "fuck you." Regardless, you may think that you're handling/expressing your opinion respectfully, however, slipping in a smartass dig at the end of your post shows otherwise. Here's the deal. It's a private board with private rules. These rules were established to help the forums run smoothly. We either accept the rules and go along our merry paths or we hook up our wagons and post elsewhere. It's a simple concept, really.
                      "POOP"

Comment

I must learn to type faster. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "POOP"

Comment

no actually, he doesn't understand, as he is unable to read your reply.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

We either accept the rules and go along our merry paths or we hook up our wagons and post elsewhere. It's a simple concept, really.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think Ralph may be hookin his wagon for him .. I would but I'm too busy making sure he doesn't post in the classifieds
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He lasted about 3 posts longer than I thought he would.
                              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                                no actually, he doesn't understand, as he is unable to read your reply.

sully
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X