Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi there, can anyone identify this body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi there, can anyone identify this body?

hi fellow guitar addicts I'm new here, first post [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

anyway, a while aggo I bought a kind of strat body real cheap.The guy who sold it told me it was a jackson dinky.
    but after some research on the web I found out that there are no dinky's whit pickguards. Here's some pics of it (and also the RR neck that I'm planning to use) .Notice that it had a poorly done finish=> the orig finish is the cherry, the black is just some car-spray, I could actually "peel" it away.
    maybe someone can tell what it was?

(if this is suposed to be posted somewhere else, pls tell me)

cheers

Re: hi there, can anyone identify this body?

There are dinkies with pickguards, but none with a pool route that looks like that.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Is that a dinky body or a strat shaped body? I'm having a hard time telling which one.

If it's strat shaped, I believe it's an '86 Charvel Model 3. These had a Kahler Traditional floating bridge and a pickguard.

If it's a dinky, I believe it may be a Performer Series. I believe these had a pickguard and Wilkinson bridge.

Actual mileage may vary [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

could be one of the korean charvel bodies.

nice rout on the back, that had to hurt!

your bigger issue is ensuring that the body you have needs a 24 fret neck.

welcome to the board, and let us know what help you need!

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thx for the response guys
          as for the neck, well that could cover another topic on it's own [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I found out that it needs a 22 fret neck, so far I've got 2 ideas:
          -I keep searching for a RR body to go with the neck(and the body gets a 22 in time)
          -Or I modify the body for the 24 neck=>wich is pretty risky, I'd gleu down wood in the routing, to fill it up. and make the neck poket go deeper, but then I'd also have to make the horns a litlle deeper for easy high fret acces,...
          But I'll probably need to move towards the tech section right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers

Comment

heh...here's another issue for ya:

that neck more than likely didn't come off of a rhoads, as 24 fret bolt on rhoads models aren't the most common thing in the world.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

the body is a PS-7 body...or at least it seems like one. mine has a big pool rout like that. i have an extra 22 fret jackson neck that will fit a PS-7, but it doesn't have a locking nut, if you want one for that body.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That little "nub" at the top of that pool route just doesn't look right to me.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

This has to be the best subject line ever. I was expecting chalk outlines!

Comment

wow, you guys sure are responsive over here, glad to see sush an active board [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

sully: yeah the neck is also some story, I think it may have been(but don't quote me on that!!) a costum RR. Someone wrote RR on the heel. you probably noticed I'm not much of a Jackson expert:p
                    here some pics(yeah I know it's in bad shape, the binding needs to be redone, new frets,...)

(I'll take one of the heels back soon)
                    MD:That would kick ass, but since I live in belgium it probably ain't that easy to send over. can everyone agree it is a ps-7 like his?
                    TËKKŸ: yeah that spot over there also got me scratching my head several times, never seen anything like it(once on ebay though, but that one wasn't identified either, all he said was jackson)
                    atilla:thx, glad you like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cheers

Comment

Hey Newc, is that some of you pinstriping handiwork I see? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

my PS-7 body has the nub also.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hmmm, well there you go. A PS-7.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Welcome to the board! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] As you can tell this is the best place anywhere for Jackson Charvel Info.... stick around, you'll like it here!

Comment

I defnetly do like it in here
                              it's great to know what I've got here, but then another question: are those good guitars, what can you compare it with? and what do you guys think of the neck(no, I was not the fool who took of the finish [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X