Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi there, can anyone identify this body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hi there, can anyone identify this body?

welcome bro! hey, is that a battery compartment by the spring cavity???

Comment

I don't think so, but it can be used fike one I think, if I ever get enough parts togheter, then I'll put in an emg in the bridge. great idea to put the battery over there

Comment

yeah, it's an aftermarket battery compartment. why people do this when you have room already is beyond me.

the ps series of guitars were korean made, not horrible, but not the greatest things ever. hell, at least it's not plywood. it's a body; if it's structurally sound, then good times, i say.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yeah, i like mine, but i put a USA charvel reissue neck on it. the original neck left something to be desired. actually, thinking about it the only left original is the body!! i even had WD make a new pickguard!! i have more money into than it cost to but one new, but that's okay...it's cool.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

not ALL of the PS series were made in Korea. They were also made in Japan. The Korean guitars with dot inlays are easy to spot (PS3) - the 12th fret inlays are so far apart they look like they're going to fall off the fretboard. The PSs with sharkies or offset mini-dots (PS4), I don't know. Hopefully the "Made In" sticker is still on the back of the neck.

Of course, none of that adds up to a hill o' beans when the neck's missing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Like sully says: regardless, it's a solid wood body and the basis for a good guitar.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

too bad you'll have to put a pickguard on it, i don't like em on jacksons. Good luck with finding a neck for it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

wel I share your opinoin on that(and btw I also share your name=>another Tom over here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
                And I came up with the following idea:
                http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm (some of you will probably already know this site)

my idea is to do that whit the swimming pool route, so put some wood over there, to put it in easy words.
                as for the neck I'm just gonna route the neck pocket a bit deeper
                or atleast I wil when I can get my hands on a floyd, and did loads of research and planning(I don't want to mess up)

Comment

Working...
                X