Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New USA Rhoads for 800 bucks?

Hi.

I visited a local gig the other day, and the guitarist of one band was playing Jackson Rhoads. After te show I asked him about the guitar, and he said it's original Made in USA Jackson and he payed 800 USD for it in local guitar centre. The guitar looks just like RX10D (no pickguard, one knob, toggle, chrome JT-580, no bindings ...).

I am wondering if there is any chance that this guitar is really USA made? I also checked the headstock and it says just Jackson (no "Made in USA" signs on it). He also had a sticker on the back of the neck, but I couldn't see what does it say, because I was too far.

Tell me, is that possible?

Re: New USA Rhoads for 800 bucks?

Nope, not likely, I believe all USA's have made in the USA on the headstocks these days...

Doubtful, not at GC and for $800, not new anyway.

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

I doubt it also. I sounds like a RX10D, and if he paid 800 bucks for it, please tell him mine is for sale. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

It's an import.

Comment

The only production USA Rhoads with a bolt-on neck was the RR-2, which has a blank ebony fretboard, chrome hardware and Armstrong pickups. The trem is actually the JT580LP like the imports have, and it would look like an RX10D from the front if not for having no inlays...but it definitely has "Made in USA" on the headstock.
          sigpic

Comment

I am not saying that he actually gave away 800 bucks for that Rhoads, but it's definitely hurting his soul a lot, so that's why he tells people that this is original USA made. I personally don't give much if it's USA or Japan, but what I care more is true honesty. You can rock with RX10D too, if you want to.
            I didn't blow his cover, as there were so many people around, listening to the heated Jackson debate, but I could surely let him know that he's mistaken or that I know that he's lying. Anyway, I am very aware of new USA Jacksons prices and 800 bucks is a bit too less, even though it would be great spending 800 dollars on 2k bucks worth guitar.

The fretboard was rosewood, that's for sure.

So, this surely isn't a USA model by any chance? He claimed that guitar is one month old, so I guess it's more or less of 2004 production year. Yes, and it had sharkfins.

Comment

A rosewood fretboard is also a good sign that it's an import, unless it's a custom shop piece that was ordered with a rosewood fretboard....which this one doesn't sound like. I'm with the concensus here....it's an import.

Comment

Agreed with all the above!

Comment

Ask him for the serial#, which is stamped in the fretboard right next to the last fret. His answer wil be "...........".

Simple as that.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

If you can get a good enough look at the inlays to tell real mother-of-pearl from plastic/pearloid then that would be another easy way.
                    sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If you can get a good enough look at the inlays to tell real mother-of-pearl from plastic/pearloid then that would be another easy way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't do that ... I have moto fins, but I have never seen pearl inlays that close. When I played one and only USA DK-1 I was so amazed by the feel and the worth of the guitar that I wasn't aware of that.

Whoever said that about CS with rosewood. Yep, possible, but I don't think so, if he's saying that he payed 800 buck for it.

Comment

If there's a sticker on the back of the neck, that means it's a bolt-on. Those little stickers also say "Made in Japan". He's full of sh!t and knows it, especially being dumb enough to leave the sticker on the neck.

Comment

The only dumb thing about this guitar is that he's lying about where it was really made and how much did he pay for it. I play an import and I'm not ashamed of it.

Comment

If you live in Europe, wouldn't all Jacksons be imports? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, under the term "import" we usually mean Japanese and other non-USA models. USA models are just USA. And the truth is that every guitar is imported, that's for sure, but we're mostly looking from your point of view.

Comment

Working...
                              X