Tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow...

The Kelly Star goes out for her first gig!
    Nothing big, just a band at the school festival, they asked me to play with 'em and I thought it would be fun.
    We're doing mostly Red Hot Chili Peppers covers, two originals (that sound much better now that I got the singer to put his strat on the neck pup, drop the volume and not use dist. for 'em), and I'm gonna play some heavy metal riffage and a little solo to lead into a Garey Hoey tune I wanted to do.
    And they're gonna have me introduce myself in Japanese, so I'm gonna say "the best part about being a guitar player is that you get to meet chicks!"
    Now I just cross my fingers for no more battle scars on this beautiful finish [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Tomorrow...

Good Luck, Bro~ That guitar is gonna look sweet....

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

The Steve Man, are you Japanese??? If so, that's awesome!

Comment

Good Luck. have fun

Comment

Nah, I'm not Japanese but I've been studying the language for about four years and this is my third time to stay in Japan (and I'm aiming to extend my stay somehow or other...)

So, the show was indeed a success!!
            What I thought was really great was, there was like a 30 minute time limit.. they had a notebook with signs to show us how much time we had left, and by the time we were done setting up and got started, they had flipped us to 25 minutes. When our time was up we still had a few songs to go, and they had a sign that said "owari" meaning time's up, but we kept playing like three more songs, and they kept the sign up but we kept going, and everybody in the room dug us so much they just didn't care.. also they were probably like too non-aggressive to do something like come up and ask us to stop (or better yet, they could have just turned off the mixer and the vocals would have been gone).
            I busted out some of my own little heavy metal riffs in the middle, and then hit 'em with my fave sweep arpeggio sequence, and I got all sorts of cheers, they totally loved it!
            After we were done, I got lots of friendly looks from nice-lookin ladies, and one girl even stopped me as I was on my way out and said the equivalent of "I think you're way cool!"
            So it totally rocked!!!
            If I get a vid, I might post it on my site...

Comment

Sounds cool Steve! I'd love to visit Japan some day.
              Hey, on your website, is that my old Kelly body with the Kramer neck? I didn't remember who I sold it to. Looks cool!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

After we were done, I got lots of friendly looks from nice-lookin ladies, and one girl even stopped me as I was on my way out and said the equivalent of "I think you're way cool!"
                So it totally rocked!!!
                If I get a vid, I might post it on my site...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you say the equivalent of "I want to eat your tuna roll"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Sounds like you had fun.
                Next time though, get some street squish. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Why didn't you say the equivalent of "I want to eat your tuna roll"?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Sounds cool Steve! I'd love to visit Japan some day.
                    Hey, on your website, is that my old Kelly body with the Kramer neck? I didn't remember who I sold it to. Looks cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup it is! I had a tech fill'n'drill the holes in the neck since they didn't quite match the holes in the pocket, and then I had him do a full setup and pup change for me.
                    It's a pretty rad guitar! But a bit heavy, and the new KS is my new fave of course.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X