Jackson Bolt on Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Bolt on Guitars

In my opinion, Jackson bolt on guitars are among if not the best bolt on guitars out there and the very finest guitars Jackson makes.

I have played Suhr, Tom Anderson, etc... Most of these companies market to guys who play rock or classic rock which is fine. These manufacturers lack tone and playability for the serious shredder in my opinion. If you want an aggressive guitar with the ability to shred nothing comes close to the tone and playability of Jackson.

I much prefer their bolt on guitars to their neck throughs. I know many will vehemently disagree but talk to guitar builders and pick up manufacturers and they will tell you bolt ons have more resonance which translates to tone.

The neck through connection to the body dampens some of the sound because the neck is held so tightly by the body that it dampens the resonance of the neck compared to a bolt on.

OK I will sit back now and read some of the interesting comments I'm sure I will get from the neck through guys!
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Jackson Bolt on Guitars

Lots of generalizations there. Here is a generalization for you: Anything that vibrates has tone.

Comment

i like bolt ons the best.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

(read in your best bored david spade voice)

Yeah, but I liked Jackson bolt ons better the first time I played one, when they were called CHARVEL!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

(Sorry, could not resist)
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Bolt ons are the best when they are actually bolted on because when they aren't bolted on they are unbolted.

And they give you cash....which is just as good as money..

Comment

i've noticed that boltons have slightly more attack while neckthroughs sound is slightly more round.

on our new album the left side rythm is a bolton fernandes while the right side rythm is a neckthrough rhoads pro.

rough mix mp3 of one of our new songs, Re-Animate Her, is located at www.burning-village.com/john_e/re-animate-her.mp3

you will have to cut and past link due my servers restriction on linking.

so far i've changed the solo sound and vocal eq and volumes since this mixdown.

enjoy.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Bolt ons are the best when they are actually bolted on because when they aren't bolted on they are unbolted.

And they give you cash....which is just as good as money..

[/ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Lond of reminds me of the guy that told me that neckthroughs were designed to save money usually sent on neckplates and screws.

Comment

Dreamland, you rock bro. I like that tune [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                i've noticed that boltons have slightly more attack while neckthroughs sound is slightly more round.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great way to put it. I Love the sleek look of a neck-thru guitar. But when I get them home I always seem to like the sound of my bolt-on guitars a little better.

Also, for some reason, I think a bolt-on guitar is a little bit more forgiving, especially for a sloppy player like myself [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Kind of like changing amps from a solid state to an all tube model. The tube amp is much less forgiving as far as sloppy chords or poorly fretted notes go.

Just my humble opinion...actual mileage may vary [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

the song is very nice,great solo play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I woke up with a bolt on, then I took a piss and it went away.

Actually all I have is bolt-ons, they are great guitars but I want a neck-through. Why cause I do, thats why.

This seems like a good time to tell the one about the bolt-on that got away. Oh now I remember why I posted. Whats making you fill the world with Jackson praise their Mr Bolt-on, give me some. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Shredmonster's entire post: Whatever, dude.

Comment

What Chuck said.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Also, for some reason, I think a bolt-on guitar is a little bit more forgiving, especially for a sloppy player like myself [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Kind of like changing amps from a solid state to an all tube model. The tube amp is much less forgiving as far as sloppy chords or poorly fretted notes go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Now I'm REALLY glad that I bought the bolt-on and solid state amp. I must be psychic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

The tonal difference between bolt-on and neckthrough construction is much more noticeable with basses than guitars. I've had neckthrough and bolt-on basses (same model - Concert), same body shape (Dinky-style, not that "swept turd" thing), and same pickups (Jackson J150s), and the neckthrough definitely had less highs and mids, whereas the bolt-ons have more punch and less mudd.

Acoustically, however, you can really spot the difference on guitars, but why the hell would you play an electric guitar acoustically!?

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

thats silly talk...i prefer neckthrus. but when i used to gig i played boltons. just because ive broken too many headstocks & just feel like i can be less carefull with a bolton.

Comment

Working...
                              X