Undecided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undecided

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Need a new axe, but caught between 3 types, a [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] black Gibson Les Paul Classic w/triple humbucker,..... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Fender Strat w/ S-1 switching and [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Jackson Trans Black SL2H.

Leaning toward Les Paul, but my Westbury Custom does nice in it's place. I have a Fender Strat (non-S-1, but that Jackson SL2H on vwall site is beautiful.. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] I just don't know [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Undecided

i'd say it's impossible to have too much jacksons [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd choose between sl2h and LPC as i'm not really a fan of strats (esp. those without floyd).

Comment

you are asking if you should buy a jackson on a jackson dedicated forum [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

go and buy the sl2h!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        you are asking if you should buy a jackson on a jackson dedicated forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to get pushed toward the SL2H? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but, the others look good too!

Besides, I've always gotten great replies on this site, so I'm asking people to be........tri-partisan? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say either the SL2H or the LPC. All depends on feel...if you like the thicker neck profile...then the LPC...if you like a thinner one than the LPC and the feel go with the SL. Also...what do you prefer as far as bridges? Do you want a stop tail...or would you prefer a Floyd?
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

ok..they're very different guitars
            Personally i don't like the rounded les paul's neck and its fretboard for solos,maybe for warm rythms would be a nice choice.
            Fender Strat would be a good catch for classic rock soloing but IMHO it sounds weak and consider that recent strats are qualitatively pure crap.
            I would surely go for a jackson soloist sl2hT (without floyd rose) or for a versatile SL1T with H-S-S.
            bye [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I would surely go for a jackson soloist sl2hT (without floyd rose)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if I went for the SL2h, it would be with a Floyd, but, just out of curiosity, why would you take it without the Floyd?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I think if I went for the SL2h, it would be with a Floyd, but, just out of curiosity, why would you take it without the Floyd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't stand floating bridges (i don't use tremolo so floyd would just be a waste of time)

Comment

Les Paul... i hate floyds.

Comment

Buy the Jackson... And buy it from me!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Matt
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt, I like your style. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I agree, buy the Jackson from Matt.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Matt, I like your style. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I agree, buy the Jackson from Matt.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">ditto! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I've got all three. The Jackson gets used while the others collect dust (or sight unseen in their cases hiding in the closet). [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] Get one, you'll love it.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

in your specific case i would go with the jackson because:

you already seem to have a guitar comparable to the other to guitars you are interested in.

the jackson would be something with a completely different feel. and a good one it is!
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've got all three. The Jackson gets used while the others collect dust (or sight unseen in their cases hiding in the closet). [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] Get one, you'll love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

let me borrow your les paul [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X