• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little pickup help here

Charvel, and leave the LPC alone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'd get some EMG's for that LP bro! I love an LP with an 81/85 in it...

Just my opinion anyway...

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]Me, too! But you gotta put the 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck... it's just betterer that way. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]Me, too! But you gotta put the 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck... it's just betterer that way. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] More girth in the bridge and less mud in the neck that way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I would put it in the Charvel because you don't like the pickups in it now....

Comment

emg 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck it would give the gibson some balls
            [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd put 'em in the Charvel Kev & leave the LPC stock!!Are you leaving the creme pickup rings bro??

Comment

Haven't decided either way Chuck .. kinda at a loss on this one
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] More girth in the bridge and less mud in the neck that way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Exactly! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I always feel the warmer pup should go in the bridge and the brighter one in the neck to balance the sound out better.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Trust me on this one - The Jazz has a far better tone for the Les Paul than a brighter-toned solid maple body; the PAF Pro is an "enhanced Gibson" pickup which is naturally suited for a Les Paul; the JB is beautiful in the neck; and the Custom will add low-end beef to the maple body.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If both pickups are zebras I'd leave the creme pickup rings Kev,check out my Flame-top pics bro!!

Comment

I think you should put P90s in the Charvel and TV Jones Filtertrons in the Les Paul. That will get you the heaviest tone ever.

Comment

lol.^

Comment

how many times do i have to tell you? sigh... i'll put it in terms you'll undastahhnd.

put them in the chahhvy, put gold rings on top of the mount rings so they match the hahhhdwayyh, then plug it in. you'll like how it sounds so much that you'll buy anothah set for the LPC.

and friends don't let friends use EMGs. save those for plywood guitahhs...savvy? now go to the packy and get some beeahs.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              lol.^

[/ QUOTE ]

Laugh all you want about P-90's and Filtertrons. Then remember that some of the greatest heavy music was created with those pickups - at least I think that AC/DC and Black Sabbath are great.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Wicked Pissah Sully,great ideahh!!

Comment

Working...
                                X