Little pickup help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little pickup help here

I have a duncan custom and a Jazz in Zebra sitting here waiting to go in a guitar and I'm undecided which guitar.

Thoughts?

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Little pickup help here

In the Charvel.
    Les Paul looks just fine with the origial pickups.

Comment

Definitely the Charvel.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

<font color="aqua">Have to agree, the Charvel it is..... </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Another vote for the Charvel.

Comment

if the charvel is original i wouldnt touch it. &amp; im not a big fan of gibby pickups so LP it is

Comment

The charvel probally has duncans in it right???

LP all the way
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Charvel.

Comment

Man thats a tough one. I think it would look great in either one. Maybe you should go by how they might sound with the mahogany/maple cap LPC vrs. the maple cap over ??? what ever the Charvel body is.

Just another angle I guess.
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

What Sambencuda said. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Though, I'm kind of leaning towards the Charvel.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

WHat sambencuda said. I would go with the one you are looking to change the tone of the most. They will look great in either guitar IMO.

Comment

that's solid maple straight through .. there is no cap. The Charvel currently has a PAF Pro I believe (yuk) in the bridge. I also have a black JB sitting I could toss in the charvel.
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Charvel.
                          I think the Custom excells in a bolt on, and the 59 sounds great everywhere.

Comment

Put the JB in the neck of the Charvel with the Custom in the bridge, and the Jazz in the neck of the LP with the PAF Pro in the bridge.

I've got a Duncan Cuss'em in a mahogany-body/maple-capped guitar and it sounds kinda muted and darker than all my other guitars, so maybe the solid-maple body will add the missing highs.

Newc

p.s. when you're done swapping them out and happy with them, I'll buy those Gibby's off ya [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd get some EMG's for that LP bro! I love an LP with an 81/85 in it...

Just my opinion anyway...

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X