Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Charvel - unknown model.

Hello,
    I've recently aquired a beautiful Charvel Guitar from a friend as a gift, but unfortunately we are unable to identify it! The guitar was given to this person direct from Jackson some time ago (his band was a heavy use of Jackson at the time). So I'm hoping all of you Jackson/Charvel guru's out there can help me out on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Dan Fiorito

Re: Help with a Charvel - unknown model.

Wow, that's an interesting one! What was your friend's band? And what was the time frame?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

my guess is its a custom guitar made for a J/C associate?

Comment

Hi,

The band in question was Rough Cutt, my friend is Paul Shortino (lead singer) he also appeared on one Quiet Riot album (self titled). I work for him, run his web sites and a million other things <G>. He recalls getting it in the late 80's (he thinks), but could have been the early 90's. It's a beautiful axe with a great sound.

Dan

Comment

Oh yeah, a lot of us are familiar with RC, and especially Amir, who had a lot of cool Jacksons. I'd say your Charvel is a custom, as that body shape was not at all stock AFAIK. I wonder if this could be from the Japan custom shop (because of the C s/n) and lack of Made In USA on the headstock but don't quote me. I don't suppose you know what pickups those are?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You work for Paul?!?!? Tell him he kicks ass for me would ya? Great singer. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I believe this is like an LS1 or something, there was a gold one on ebay last year.
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

That's an LS-1 Infinity. I think.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... that rings a bell.
                  I think you may be right, Chuck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, similar (if not the same) body. Only time I've ever seen that headstock, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You work for Paul?!?!? Tell him he kicks ass for me would ya? Great singer. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've worked with him for about 5 years now, great guy, good friend and very talented musician (very under-rated).
                      He gave me the guitar as a way of saying thanks for all the years of service. He's a great guy! Have you heard his last CD? It's called Sacred Place (band was The Cutt). I've got some samples online at Musicworks/Roughcutt Site
                      The boys actually did a one off Rough Cutt reunion about 2 years ago, it's was a great show!

Dan

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, the SL1-Infinity, but your right, the headstock is what's really driving me nuts! I got a reply from Michael Charvel, he figures it was made after his dad sold the company, haven't heard back from Jackson/Charvel/Fender yet, hoping they could shed more light on it.

Dan

Comment

Whatever model that is, it is [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I would love to have a Charvel like that bro!! Jack.

Comment

Definitely NOT an Infinity. There was never a production headstock like that for Charvel Japan. The inlay on the headstock is also unique as is the truss rod cover. The body shape is close, but not similar to the LS Charvel series. The Infinity was not in the LS series anyway. And, they only had 22 frets. The serial number indicates a 1992 production date. Must be a one off custom, perhaps an employee made guitar. To me, it most resembles the mid 90's USA Soloist Super Light.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Very cool guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X