Jenna and Jackson again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jenna and Jackson again

I still have the pic of her with the jackson on my wallpaper right here at work. my boss digs it.

I think its great Jackson is hooked up with Jenna.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

read her book. then make up your own mind whether she is a slut or a shrewd entrepreneur. in the meantime, be thankful for the added visibility of jackson guitars...otherwise we will be debating more and more why the brand is irrelevant, and our investment in these high quality guitars keeps declining.

Comment

Sex will always be used as a marketing tool as long as tools continue to buy from sexual impulse.
        If it's not explicitly sexual pictures, it's innuendo, or the promise of sex. Look at those Axe body spray commercials - "buy our deodorant and you'll get laid by all the babes in the office, including the hot young CEO who wears high heels to the office, or by some random honey in an elevator".
        If it's not visual, it's audible, such as in music. While Poison's "Nothing But A Good Time" was a very weak song, the implication of sex sold it.
        Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" was about sex.
        The higher-selling Pop and Rap tracks dealt with sex.
        The Music Industry favors the young and pretty, regardless of musical ability, due to the promise of sex. See Britney, NStink, etc etc - all the way back to Elvis.

That's why people are labeled "Sex Symbols" - it sells whatever product they're attached to. GW and Jackson are certainly not the first and they aren't the worst. Go look at Cosmo, People, and those "Daytime Dramas" to find the source of using sex to sell: pretty people pimping products to housewives and little girls.

As long as people fall for it, it'll be used to sell products.

Whatever is advertised most heavily is what sells more, and whatever is advertised with the promise of sexual gratification sells beyond even that.
        Where's the difference in these Jackson ads and the Swedish Bikini Team advertising beer?
        Or the honeys advertising Special K cereal? "Eat Special K and you'll be magically transformed into a super-hot mega-babe".
        Do you not drink a particular beverage if they have a woman in a swimsuit advertising it?

Jenna posing with a guitar is very tame compared to the sexually suggestive ads for the more common purchases (clothing, food, cars, etc) that we see every day.
        At least she's not doing the guitar, or faking an orgasm like in those shampoo commercials.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Musicians are into it for fame, money and sex with hot babes.

A musician who is into it only for these purposes is a friggin poser. GOOD musicians play cause they love music and pushing themselves to master their instruments. Granted getting some as a result is a fringe benefit but definitely not a reason to be a musician. That's too much work to get laid. It's not that difficult to get some. But I guess you shouldn't play any more if you don't use drugs and bang whores? I love playing as much (or more) than ever and I'm married and haven't used drugs in many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some very good points in that post... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Controversial... hell yeah. But there's a bunch of teenage kids out there with a GW Buyers Guide in their bedroom and I guarantee they'll remember the Jackson name for a loooong time after seeing that magazine!!

That's clever marketing if you ask me!

Matt
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I also say that a girl who brought her dancer friends home to bone her poor widowed daddy is a sweet girl at heart! Since when did Jackson/Charvel players become Puritans anyway?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                it's a sad day when guys get offended by hot slutty chicks with cool guitars. shame on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd reiterate some words of wisdom from the great Sully.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Ya know, its a sad day when a bunch of axe slinging wanna be guitar hero's (us!) sit around an dcomplain about a smokin hot chik doing ads for our favorite guitars! What the hell is going on around here? Whatever happened to the saying "the only reason I started playing guitar was to get chicks?" Ok so I understand the whole public display thing, that was and is wrong. However, if you are so worried about your kids seeing and asking who Jenna is, well dont allow them to see the magazine, posters or web site.

Guys, its not that big of a deal, its a hot chick posing with an even hotter guitar...its not like she is sticking it into her holiest of holys here kids.

Sad, sad thread....

Mike

Comment

I've found this thread totally entertaining. It seems that their have been threads in the past about not having Jackson's on the cover of magazines anymore. Jackson is dying and Fender is killing them. We get a hot guitar and chick on the cover of one and everyone freaks out. My wife even thought the guitar was cool and had no idea who the woman was. When she found out she didn't care.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• Re: Jenna and Jackson again

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      it's a sad day when guys get offended by hot slutty chicks with cool guitars. shame on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd reiterate some words of wisdom from the great Sully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger That.

Comment

If you guys saw a commercial for hotdogs that featured Jenna taking a foot-long Chili-Cheese dog in one bite, you'd run out and buy a pack and you know it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes I've said before that Jackson is already involved in a game where the other teams are paying people to play their brand, and that Jackson should jump on the bandwagon. I'm kinda glad to see Jackson sticking to their guns and basically saying "If we're going to hire a wh@re, let's hire the Queen of Wh@res and be done with it"

The point is that ANYONE can take a wad of cash and smile purty for the camera holding even a bag of festering donkeysh1t and say it's their favorite thing in the world. They do it in ESPee and Ibenhad ads all day long [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If George Lynch appeared in a Charvel ad tomorrow would you rush out and buy a Charvel like a brain-dead sheep?
                        I don't care who does and does not play Jackson and Charvel guitars. I play Jackson and Charvel guitars, and I'm all that matters to me.
                        I play them because I like them, because I can afford them, and because they are not "the flavor of the week". If they ever get back to being "the flavor of the week" like they were back in the day, I'll still play them. When they're not "the flavor of the week" any more, I'll still play them.

As for music, yes; playing music is about playing music, not getting laid.
                        The Music Business is about the Business of Music, and Business is about money.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If George Lynch appeared in a Charvel ad tomorrow would you rush out and buy a Charvel like a brain-dead sheep?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't, but I bet a few people would. EVH Art Series, anybody? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Are they buying because of Eddie or because it's a Limited Edition Charvel Strathead?

Anyhoo, I don't expect Jenna fans to rush out an learn guitar, much less buy a Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Am I the only one here that wants their guitars associated with competent players, NOT some skank that makes her $$$ by having spuzz shot on her face by 50 guys in 1 "scene"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.....Dumbass [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....just kidding

I for one would like to personally thank Jenna and all the little sluts out there who afford us the opportunity to see them naked....God Bless 'em...every last one of 'em.

Comment

Speaking of the EVH fArt Series, I suppose Eddie approached Charvel and said "y'know, I miss my old Boogie Bodies mutts and don't really like Peavey - can you guys make me some new ones that look like my old ones?"
                                Hardly.
                                Most likely they offered him either a percentage of the Ebay take or he just settled for the free guitars to use and abuse on tour.

And Jenna's a wh0re? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X