Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a new little disruption at home!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about a new little disruption at home!!!

Anyone remember the cardboard cutout guitars in that Judas Priest video "Breaking the Law" that the cops were playing air guitar on? This guitar looks like a spitting image of those cardboard guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      At first sight I think that's the ugliest damn guitar I've ever seen in my life. Maybe it's because I don't understand it. Could someone explain it to me in a way that would make me appreciate it? If the story is real cool I may end up wanting one, but till then it's going to be ugly to me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is by far the ugliest thing I have ever seen. To each his own. Enjoy it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        What does Star Trek have to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]Umm... it just looks very Star Trek inspired... Am I the only one who thinks this?Add wings, it's a Klingon Bird of Prey... It just has a retro sci-fi look to it. At least to me.

[/ QUOTE ]Also, the name, Disruptor, is what the Klingons and Romulans on Star Trek call their energy weapons, their answer to the Federation's phasers.

[/ QUOTE ]

GeeK Check! You passed with flying colors! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Don't forget that when shot, a Disruptor fries a person (or alien) from the inside out. Leaving nothing but a vapor. Ummm...err, that's what I have heard anyway. Not that I watch Star Trek or anything [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

My question is, does it have the Roland ready bridge? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Nice score Tim!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I think you probably have to live in your parents basement and wear fake spock ears to know what the hell those space hieroglyphics mean that are on the neck.

IIRC, Didnt Amir use that guitar in the video for Orgy's cover of "Blue Monday"??
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

the inlay are "alien hyroglyphics" designed by amir and ryan shuck (other guitarist in Orgy). he's got a bunch of neat jacksons.

AWESOME SCORE> are there no strap buttons?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                What does Star Trek have to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... it just looks very Star Trek inspired... Am I the only one who thinks this?

Add wings, it's a Klingon Bird of Prey... It just has a retro sci-fi look to it. At least to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'de have to agree, a def sci fi look......different but cool [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think you probably have to live in your parents basement and wear fake spock ears to know what the hell those space hieroglyphics mean that are on the neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike all the really cool guys that measure 12th fret dot spacing, skunk stripe length, cutaway depth, etc. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    AWESOME SCORE> are there no strap buttons?

[/ QUOTE ]

None needed. It flies.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with this find.

To those of you that said it was ugly, I think your guitars are ugly too [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        My question is, does it have the Roland ready bridge? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, no Roland pickup in this one. I have a couple other Roland equipped guitars so it's not something I need.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Thanks guys. I'm really happy with this find.

To those of you that said it was ugly, I think your guitars are ugly too [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I take it back Tim. The more I see it the more it kinda grows on me. I think the name on the headstock kinda helps though. If it had any other brand name on it I'd have to go back to the "ugly" thing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I've always been into odd guitars. I almost never end up getting them though because they're usually crap guitars. The name on the headstock played a big part in it for me as well - this is a very good guitar. Same with the Roswell - there is no way I would own a Dillion Roswell or a Jay Turser Disruptor.

- Newc

Comment

I'm with ya bro. Also, the uniqueness of that disruptor makes it very cool. How many exist?
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

On his message board, Amir said he only knew of 7 or 8 others.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X