Does anyone know.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know.....

what a five digit serial number san dimas plated Jackson is? I was at a local music store in Jackson & saw one, I've never seen this before so someone help me out, the serial number was 88091, I may be off a little but that was the number sequence. Is this a special order or what?

Re: Does anyone know.....

<font color="yellow"> I want to say that was the Ltd 88 model...but I very well could be wrong.

I think that GC had them made as a anniversary model or something, unless I'm confusing it with another Jackson.

Hope this helps. </font>

Comment

Let me give a little better desc. of it, gold tuners &amp; floyd, fireburst Ace Frehley type of paint job-yellow in fading out to red.

Comment

One of these, maybe?

Model 88

If so, don't let the sharkies fool you. It's an import Charvel.

Comment

Nah, doesn't look like that shred.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...-1266-bert.jpg

more like this except H/S/S

Comment

Probably a mutt with an 88 LTD plate on it. There have been a couple of 88 neckplates sold on eBay.

Comment

Yeah, there are a few loose 88 neck plates floating around... they're the only 5 digit Jackson USA plates out there, unless someone were to grab a hammer and a die and go *tink*.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a 5 digit Jackson plate strat with 88xxx. It is and endorsee strathead. It is one of about 6 or 7 I have seen that are not model 88s They were endorsee or gift guitars and had the 88XXX plate
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Hey 83, that's what one of the guys told me at the shop, that it belonged to a prof musician.

Comment

Possibly true. Or a gift guitar/promotional. I got it off eBay. It is an Ontario strathead. Lacewood body, red finish h/s/s gold hardware. We had a thread here or at the old JCF

Can you Describe it, take a picture of it? I think mine plays great. Has a Jackson recessed floyd that I like but do not love. If it is reasonable try and get it. I think the neck feels very san dimas, like my 4110/4460 and jackson 1214. If you have other questions email me off line.

[email protected]
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Hey 83, I'll email ya when I get a few minutes, I gotta run, the wife is waiting. Or you can email me at [email protected].

Comment

Working...
                        X