Welcome Matt's Music!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Matt\'s Music!!

The feedback I will be providing is in regards to my most recent dealings with Matt.

In regards to Kevin Easton, if I were still "in the know", it would be extremely inappropriate to divulge any details. What happens in regards to forum business is kept quiet for good reason.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Well said Tekky, more proof of what a stand up guy you are & have been here. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Congrats Matt
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Tekky, does this mean you finally got your axe? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The feedback I will be providing is in regards to my most recent dealings with Matt.

In regards to Kevin Easton, if I were still "in the know", it would be extremely inappropriate to divulge any details. What happens in regards to forum business is kept quiet for good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever floats your boat dude.
          I just have a strong feeling that if something is wrong then the community should know about it...I hate when people just sweep **** under the carpet and pretend like nothing happened...cause if you can't openly deal with problems in life that's when all the BS takes over with speculations, slander and all kinds of other negative ****. It comes down to credibility IMO.
          To me, it's not about the specifics of this issue, it's the principle of how you deal with stuff like this.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have a strong feeling that if something is wrong then the community should know about it...I hate when people just sweep **** under the carpet and pretend like nothing happened...cause if you can't openly deal with problems in life that's when all the BS takes over with speculations, slander and all kinds of other negative ****. It comes down to credibility IMO.
            To me, it's not about the specifics of this issue, it's the principle of how you deal with stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda take slight offense to that. As a former admin, I'll admit, from time to time I am privy to a little tidbit of info here and there, however as I said it's not my place to discuss any of it.

But in regards to Kevin Easton and his shop, he's treated me well. Sure, he's been a little "uncontactable" at times, but I realize that the guy is struggling to get a music store going. Anything I would say about Kevin would be reiterating stuff that other folks have said. (in regards to the DK2LE and Big Red in particular) They are not my experiences so I'll leave what has been said as just that.

The few times that I have met Kevin face to face, he's a very nice guy. I even look forward to meeting him in Anaheim in January and having a beer and/or shot with the man.

More to come in the next couple of days in the Feedback section.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

and once again welcome Matt...unfortunately I live in MA so that means taxes for me but I still look forward to doing a deal or two with you in the future.
              Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in MA are you...I'll need an address...and your security code [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] j/k

- Joel
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

The banner is awesome.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Congrats MATT!....look forward to dealing with ya in the future bud! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Too all who read this forgive my rant other than its intended target. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Dude get off your high horse and get rid of your attitude. You have no bearing on the politics of how this forum is run and it isn't your business why anything concerning the finances or business aspect of it is or isn't public. Tekky was very nicely trying to tell you that it was not your concern and there's no cause for you to get pushy about it.

The dealers fees, sponsors or even working relationship of the admins and this board are NONE of your business!! </font>
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Joel, just click on the banner above. Our address is listed at the bottom of every page on our website. I usually try to keep about 10-12 USA's in stock along with a decent selection of Import stuff too.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I too was curious about the Kevin thing, but hey if you guys don't want to talk about it, I guess that's fine too.

Comment

It's not a matter of not wanting to talk about it, it's a matter of it not being an issue for public consumption.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Well if it's something that could adversely affect us in our dealings, then I think it would be, however, you guys I'm sure would say something like that. I've spoke to Kevin several times, and I don't think it's anything like he's a crook or anything.

That said, if you guys don't want to/unwilling to talk about it, it more than likely means it's not something that is going to seriously affect us. That said, it's not really a concern.

I wasn't trying to contest your post Tekky, I was just posting saying I too was curious about it.

About the, he's unreachable at times, I understand, I emailed him a week ago about a JJ case, and haven't heard anything. granted, I could call, but hey, I found a Fender Strat case fits it, and I'm going to pick up a used one cheap.

That said, I'm going to look at Matt's inventory so while you're posting, I'm drolling over new guitars :P

Comment

All anyone needs to know has already been posted, I'm sure you've seen it, if not use the search function.

So let's go back to congratulating Matt.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I'm certainly not on any high horse if that's your impression!
                                It's not like you need to lose your cool and start typing in red letters just because I stated my opinion. If you read my post you'll see I wasn't lashing out at a person.
                                If you want to change sponsors damn right it's not my business, I just felt that because of Tekky's initial "it's best just to let it go" comment that something fishy had been going on, so THAT is why I wanted to know if there was something behind the scenes that concerned us, as customers buying guitars, in regard to the change.
                                Now that we've somewhat awkwardly reached the conclusion that it's not...I'm fine with not knowing your motivations.
                                Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, that was never my intention. (I certainly would have been more vocal/harsh if it had been)
                                Also an apology to Matt for turning your welcome thread into a slight political soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X