If RR were alive today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If RR were alive today...

...do you think the RR model would have gone through more design changes over the years? What do you think Randy would be playing today?

Re: If RR were alive today...

Drums...

Comment

ESP

Comment

He would dump the RR model and head for ESP.

just kidding...

Comment

he would be playing a classical guitar and giving lessons.

Comment

7-string w/ floyd! Maybe 24 frets, maybe not though. Yngwie is still alive and he hasn't really changed a thing with his guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              7-string w/ floyd! Maybe 24 frets, maybe not though. Yngwie is still alive and he hasn't really changed a thing with his guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]
              but he changed the way he looks way too much!
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually good point on the classical. Wasn't he going to quit Ozzy's band to play classical, but Ozzy convinced him to stay and learn classical on the side? I seem to remember hearing or reading that as a quote from Ozzy somewhere.

Comment

Randy was supposed to go back to school after the tour but he didn't make it....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    but he changed the way he looks way too much!
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I heard he lost something like 50 lbs. and is really making an effort to get healthy these days. I don't know him though, so not sure if it's true or not..

Comment

He needs to lose at least 100 lbs. to look like what he used to look.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I know I started all the bullshit, but this is indeed a good question. I`d say the Rhoads model was an innovative creation talking about the shape, so I`d guess or at least wanting to guess.., that there would have been more to see if he still lived.

Comment

He would have been out of the limelight and rock music for over 20 years by now. He would most likely be a classical guitarist doing the occasional Ozzy reunion tour. I think he would have only recorded 1 or 2 more albums with Ozzy tops. This is hard for me to say but my gut feeling is that he wouldn't have progressed as a player in the metal scene judging by his style and his influences. The 90's and grunge would have really bummed him out. If he had lived when Bark at the Moon was released I bet he would have been endorsed by Gibson and played mainly Les Pauls and V's.

Comment

Nu-metal of course,playing an Ibenhad with the D-string purposely tuned a little flat & making a wierd noise with a flanger & calling that his "solo"!!LOL!!

Comment

He was such a fan of the guitar itself. I would guess by now he would have a Doctorate in Music and could be found teaching Music Theory or Music Appreciation at some university. On the side he would probably do some classical guitar clinics and once in a great while break out his Jackson and rip it up for a few lucky students.

Comment

Working...
                              X