Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If RR were alive today...

[ QUOTE ]
    that is brilliant! i wonder if Jenna would have a fondness for the sound of a Ramirez [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the money is right, she'd rub ber a** over anything, even a cheap import.

Comment

If Randy was still playing guitar, I'm pretty sure it still would be a Jackson. Maybe he would've desgined some new models though. RR is still one of the best in my book.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My feeling is, he'd have become a solo artist doing his own thing, and making guest appearences here and there...possibly even doing another Ozzy record.

Comment

I'd like to think he would OWN Jackson by now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I just wish he was still here..Cort

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I just wish he was still here..Cort

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, my friend! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Then at NAMM '04 Fender announces a deal to bring him back to Jackson and make the RR Art Series guitars with the pantented pinstripes. This, in turn, delays so many custom-shop orders that Matt and Scott have to go into hiding lest they be attacked by hordes of shredders demanding order status updates. Whew...glad that never happened:-)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good one.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

if he were still alive, he would have probably been eating birthday cake, as the 6th would have been his 48th.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ahhh yes, that's right! Today (6th) was his birthday, exactly 5 days younger than my mom's date of birth. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      As I understand, Randy's interest was more in music itself than fame and fortune. He was quoted, IIRC, as saying "I've already got that, now I want to do something different" when the subject of leaving Ozzy and all the fame and fortune behind came up.You don't go into professional Classical music to become rich and famous, you go into it for the music itself.

[/ QUOTE ]That's true, but there is also the factor that he would have been naive aout the effort and technique it takes to master the classical guitar. If he was really a prodigyat classical, maybe he could get up to speed in 10 or 15 years? More likely he would realize in a couple of years that he could never reach the level to be a pro classical guitarist of the first level. Also he would have run into a strong anti-rock bias among classical music instructors of the early 80s. Most of them considered rock musicians to be scabs and had a deep animosity towards them. I don't know how that is now buty I know for a fact how it was in 1980 when I studied music at USM. Teachers were actually jubilant when John Lennon was murdered; as "just a rock guy", it was implied, he had it coming and good riddance.personally, I think that attitude would have turned Randy off, at least as far as making that world his life. If you think shredders are critical of each other, classical musicians make shredders look like a love fest.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

...he'd be screaming: "Let me outa this box, I can't breath!"

I'm sorry, that was wrong -- the guitar world could really use him right about now.

D>

Comment

Working...
                        X