Evolution of the online community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evolution of the online community

Thanks Curt....bummer I missed all those sites..I was a Gibson snob back then unfortuantely, lol!!

Curt do you know if there was a time when all the sites were up and running at once. I know for example Brets was down at one point when Larrys was up, then some disapppeared (Larrys and Ralphs)...wonder if there was a time when all 4 or 5 were up and running. How cool would that be to be able to see all that info at once...
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

There was a old web site arcive?? a while back you could pull up the old sites and see a lot of the text - most of the photos were gone. I'll have to find that site? Yeah Voodoo Lounge was it .. forum formt... I have a;; the old archive text for that... I got it when I aquired the site from Rob.

Comment

www.archive.org perhaps? Maybe you could turn up old stuff with that. I've tried it with different sites before. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Check this out!
          http://web.archive.org/web/200104010...oncharvelforum

Comment

That's a fun read!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

very cool Jim..I was just reading some of the old threads there and I see some of the same debates, lol. For example the Charvel serial number thread and someone asking if it would be shared (that is if it was going to be a two way street and teh info shared).

...so Rob Lane is da man then who got this started...was his site the first to really go into history, fab fake and ID details?

Cool to see how much the community as grown.
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have to say I'm new to this forum (been registered for a few months i think, maybe just one heehee), and it's by far the best BIG forum I've come across...
                Everybody is helpful, everybody seems humble and eager to read more about anything Jackson/Charvel or just guitar/music related...
                Hail you all, great job.
                (not really the topic but not really off topic, just my feeling about it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  There was a old web site arcive?? a while back you could pull up the old sites and see a lot of the text - most of the photos were gone. I'll have to find that site? Yeah Voodoo Lounge was it .. forum formt... I have a;; the old archive text for that... I got it when I aquired the site from Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I tried to access the arcive it stated the current owner had blocked the URL from being accessed ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I tried to access the arcive it stated the current owner had blocked the URL from being accessed ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang Spelling Sucks when I'm tired (or anytime...)
                    *Yeah Voodoo Lounge was it .. forum format... I have all the old archive text for that..*
                    Rob deleted all he had online - I moved everything to DVD. then put up what I have now. Rob might have done that for the .com??
                    http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

Comment

I remember visiting the Voodoo Lounge back in the EZ Board days... It was still up at some point during that, but I don't know if you could still post. I'm pretty sure it was just an archive at that point.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

thanks guys....

Comment

Working...
                        X