No announcement yet.

Maple necks with Ebony Fins - Pics pls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maple necks with Ebony Fins - Pics pls.

Can anybody post some pics of guitars with maple necks and ebony sharkfins, it would rock to see some.

Thanx

Vic

Re: Maple necks with Ebony Fins - Pics pls.

Transparent or opaque finishes on the neck? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he meant maple fretboard with ebony sharkfin inlays.

Sorry no pics.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Here's a birdseye maple neck/board with ebony sharkfins sold by Kevin Easton:

http://www.eastonguitars.com/WWW/PGS...BLKBNDTOP.html

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried to find some pics but only what I found are your GMW guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is one from Jackson website

Comment

Wow! Someone with a maple fetish is gonna poke a hole in their jeans looking at that picture. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Is that a Dinky or Soloist? Looks like I can see the bolt-on neck heel behind the upper frets but I can't be totally sure.

And I don't recall many, if any, Soloists with maple boards! Never occurred to me before. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it is Dinky.
                More pics of the Black Dinky NOTP posted.

Comment

Good thing you like to save pictures. Those two pics aren't on Kevin's website that I linked above. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Question about ebony inlays. Are they using ebony wood, or ebony shavings or ebonoid or whatever it's called? Or black plastic in some cases? Discuss black dot inlays versus black sharkfins and what materials they are usually made of. Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Good question but I have no answers.. LOL!
                    Maybe Warmoth site has answers for you or Lee at GMW can answer that too.

Yea! I save a lot of pics... a lot of boobs and asses pics too.... just kidding [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhh well, what do ya know? Check here!

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/...eaction=inlays

"Maple fingerboards are inlayed with jet black synthetic."

Hmmm, it WOULD be interesting to inlay little sharkfin-shaped blocks of real ebony into a maple board. You'd get a fretboard with the tonal properties of both maple and ebony, although they're both pretty similar sounding to begin with, so never mind! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I want to go with Ebony fingerboard with no inlays for my next guitar... let's see...

Comment

Thanx guys. Yes, it looks like Warmoth use black plastic for dots and possibly for sharkfins (if they offered it), but they are meant to be with real ebony wood. It's not mega thick so it's not going to be too tonal, but it's there.

Comment

Mine had real ebony fins, not plastic.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sharkfins can be Ebony, Rosewood, Maple, Pau Ferro, Plastic, MOP, Abalone, Mirror... or whatever else you can imagine. If you specify it, Jackson will do it.

Dunno what they would use for the imports... probably plastic.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X