Help with my Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Custom

Ok, got my confirmation thingy for my Custom Shop order, and it says "KV" by the Control route entry - this is a San Dimas-style route as opposed to an Ontario route, correct?

And are G&G case interior colors (solids, not like tie-dye stuff) a no-charge option? Say I wanted like red or green interior instead of black, would that increase the price of the case?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Help with my Custom

Control cover - I believe that is correct. They may call it the "KV" style on Vs and Warriors, as I believe it's a slightly different shape for those body styles - longer and thinner. See this pic...

Ebay Warrior

Besides, I don't think the Ontario route would even work on a Warrior body anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cases - I have no clue. I'd be surprised if fuzzy color were even an option on customs. I know you can get this from G&G direct, though, so you never know.

Good luck.

Comment

That's what it said on my Rhoads. I'm pretty sure for rear loaded Rhoads, you can't have anything but a SD Route.

Did you pick G&G? I specified plastic, but I was upgraded to G&G by Jackson. I hope it's not a full sized KV Case...

I'm not sure if you can specify color.

Anyways, Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Said the same thing (rear control:KV) on my Rhoads quote form, too

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That's what it said on my Rhoads. I'm pretty sure for rear loaded Rhoads, you can't have anything but a SD Route.

Did you pick G&G? I specified plastic, but I was upgraded to G&G by Jackson. I hope it's not a full sized KV Case...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
          I just got it from Matt as well and G&G was chosen even I didn't.
          Also wondering there was this upcharge of "Special shape" right below of neck thru guitar cost in the description.
          I chose a body shape of Star...
          Why?
          [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Neckthrough Star is an upcharge probably because they don't have jigs for it. I got an upcharge as well due to there not being a jig for the SLS-7 head and 7-string Warrior body, so it'll be nice and handcrafted [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I thought for sure I put SKB case on the form, but the confirmation came back as G&G.
            I checked G&G's site and it shows Red Poodle as one of the colors, so I'm guessing it's a standard/no extra cost choice. I picked that one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            As for why it was upgraded to G&G by Jackson; Maybe they've had trouble with getting SKB cases for odd/custom shapes? Ah well, it's only $150 more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Now I see why.
              Yea, Star with 24frets neck thru.. is a special shape I guess.. the same goes to the case.
              G&G case will fit but not the SKB.
              Now it is clear and hope to order it soon.
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Matt this is the interior of the G&G case you get standard with the Warrior. Good luck getting the red poodle. Not sure if they will do that without an upcharge. Poodle interiors are different than the standard and I believe an upcharge. That and Jackson may not offer you the option. Don't know though. The KV control cover is the San Dimas style one.

We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

KV is the King V route which is SD style but longer.

Comment

wow. A reverse headstock makes a warrior look pretty good (IMO)!

Comment

So what's everyone's retail price?

Mine is $4950. Though,I don't know if they figured out how much the fretboard end will cost. Hopefully they won't upcharge it again.

Comment

$4950!?!?
                        How did you end up with that much? the custom fret end job or the extra fret?
                        Mine was like $4200 or something.
                        Star shape with 2hum, string thru with old Rhaods style Bridge(like the ones you see on older Rhaods),no inlays, neck thru, mahogany body, 24frets ebony , White bindings on the body.. not much of upcharge....

Comment

I got 7 upgrades for the neck: Custom backshape $120, binding over frets $240, 3 piece neck $120, mahogany $60, 25 frets $120 and for the fretboard end $90... oh, and colored binding added $60 too. So $810 total in bonus work for the neck. Imagine if I wanted inlays... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No custom logo on the headstock ? which is like $90 upcharge?

Mine was $240 for the special shape, $60 for the Mahogany body, $60 for body bindings, $90 for custom block lettering logo and $120 for Vintage RR tuneomatic.
                            5 upgrades.

Oh! I specified to have SKB but ended with G&G because SKB will not fit. so that is another upgrade [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, they did get me for that too, so I guess I got $900 of extra work into the neck. They also got me for $90 for the matching bevels and pins down the back of the neck. The mahogany body was the only other upgrade.

I can't wait till it's done.

Comment

Working...
                              X