Help with my Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with my Custom

My List Price was upped to $4140 - $660 extra for the head and body not having jigs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ouch! That's a lot! I'm sure they've done a 7 string warrior and that headstock for a 7 stringer... hmm... guess they hand shape them then.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Newc, that's about the same price as my neck thru and yours bolt on....that's a killer bolt on for sure! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Matt this is the interior of the G&G case you get standard with the Warrior. Good luck getting the red poodle. Not sure if they will do that without an upcharge. Poodle interiors are different than the standard and I believe an upcharge. That and Jackson may not offer you the option. Don't know though. The KV control cover is the San Dimas style one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an amazing looking Warrior. I love the slanted single coil along with the slanted fretboard.

Comment

Would it be worth the extra money for a G&G case if a SKB case fits (Rhoads)?
            What`s the difference?

Comment

A G&G case is slightly thinner than an SKB Rhoads case, but just as wide.
              Really it depends on if you're playing out regularly - the SKB would be better as you really don't have to worry if it gets scratches and dings.

Jackson automatically upgraded my case choice to G&G for some reason - could be to accomodate the head, could be to try and sneak one past me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              So I went ahead with that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Besides, I was already thinking of changing it so I could get red interior.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Thanks, better go for a SKB case then. My CS estimate ended up at $4460, really not sure on all the details yet, but shouldn`t be to far away. I`m curious on what the price will be through a dealer though. I have to ship this thing to Norway and pay 24% VAT on top of it so it`ll grow in cost pretty much.

Comment

It should work out to be a little over $2600.

Jackson is automatically upgrading to SKB cases for some reason.... Maybe cause we're both going for non-standard body sizes...

Comment

Reversed headstock on yours and the smurf hat on Matt's. I believe the SKB is cut for a regular headstock. Don't quote me though. You would think they would have some old XTRR cases left over though. The thing I didn't like about my G&G is that they don't badge them anymore. At least mine didn't have the Jackson badge on it.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    We must increase the bust!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!
                    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Also Matt's is a 7 string. That widens the body some. And they won't do a custom SKB molding for that. To expensive. The G&G cases are a lot easier to customize.
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      We must increase the bust!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!
                      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I thought about the head as well, though almost all of my recent SKB cases have had the paddlehead layout for reverse and regular heads.
                        Could be that the body will be wider.
                        Maybe they do that automatically with bodies they will have to make without jigs because they can get in touch with the manufacturer faster for a case template?
                        Maybe they trace out the body or set it in a quick-dry mold form and ship that to G&G for the case?

Comment

I just hope mine isn't a full KV sized case. That bugs me, since they're a lot wider than an XTRR. But I guess there's not much I can do about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X