Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2S - Opinions

Hi,

I´m new on this board! I´m from Germany, so don´t expect too much from my english. I own a second hand Charvel Strat with SSH Reflex Pickups and Gain-Booster from ebay and a newer (1 year) Jackson DX10D. I wasn´t realy lucky with my Jackson, because the Potis scratch and the Neck Humbucker had a slack joint, the setup wasn´t that great and the Floyd Rose strained my nerves because it was my first FR guitar. Now it´s fine, the Potis still scratch but the guitar works and has now a good setup. But I think I payed too much for it!

But forget it...

Now I´m searching for a new guitar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I´m looking for quality, I don´t want to get a guitar with such bad setup as the DX10D and such big quality problems!
    I want a Powerstrat with HH or SSH Pickups, a Floyd Rose Tremolo, 22 or 24 Frets and NO vanished neck!

I would get this conditions only from Jackson or Ibanez but I don´t like Ibanez, so I´m searching for a Jackson guitar!
    I found the Jackson DK2S Dinky for about 550 Euro but I have no chance to play it in my town so I hope I´ll get here some informations about the guitar.

So, what do you think about the DK2S?
    Who played it? - Who own it? - What´s your opinons from the guitar?

As I said I want a high quality guitar which also sounds good, will I find this claims in the DK2S?!

Re: Jackson DK2S - Opinions

I had a DK2 and it played and sounded great.
    I was surprised to hear these duncan designed pickups sounded great.

I highly recommend to get one.
    Not sure about the Sustainer pickup in DK2S though..

Comment

hey welcome to the board andy!

please admins move this thread to the jackson import forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the board!
        If I may say so (as a fellow German), your english seems to be just fine. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Your answers shall be answered in the import forum...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I own one and they play and sound great! THE Sustainer can be very cool, wth clean as well as distorted sounds. It compresses the attack and smooths out the strumming of clean chords, then when you let them ring they swell and sustain forever, beautifully. Experiment ad you'll find a lot of great sounds, and you can also just play it as a standard DK-2 and it kicks ass that way too!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

(Hi Joe!)

Thank you for your answers...
            Does anybody know where I can find some (real) pictures of the DK2S?

Comment

Try ebay.... Your english is damn good too! Welcome to the board!

The sustainer works well. Some of the wiring from the ones I have seen is a little messy inside. They play well. The quality of them is pretty good for a guitar in that price range. Good luck!

Comment

Here's my son's DK2S in trans black:

Also, ditto on what lerx said.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Wow, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X