Jackson Custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom shop

As a general rule of thumb, what kind of percentage do I take off of the custom shop generator? I got a quote of 4 grand, I know the guitar wouldn't cost that much, but without an idea of the price (if it's around X, I can get it, if it's over X, I don't want it) I don't want to call up a dealer, and waste their time.

Also, does it matter who I go through for the custom shop guitar? It's not something the dealer is stocking, so I guess it would be personal preference on the dealer, and so on and so forth.

We've got a Jackson dealer in town here, and that would be great for warranty issues, but if it saves me some cashola to go to a different dealer (when I say cash, I don't just mean 100$, I mean a few hundred) then I'll do that.

Thanks guys

Re: Jackson Custom shop

I've heard around 35%

Any dealer should be able to help you out. It's your call who you give your money too.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I've heard around 35%

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that would be nice if its accurate ..

Comment

it would be 2800 not 1400 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 1400 is how much you would save.
          Thanks for the PM.

Comment

Depends on the dealer - sometimes they take off 40%, sometimes they take off 60%, so a $4000 quote would be between $1600 and $2400.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

PM me with that 60% off dealer.... Please [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Me Too!!!

Comment

Me 3!! If I find a dealer to take 60% off I will order one. The prices of Jacksons went way too high when they raised the prices 15% not to long back. Jack.

Comment

A 60% off dealer? I'm sure cost has to be over 40%.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      A 60% off dealer? I'm sure cost has to be over 40%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, should be. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

He said "sometimes" ... you wont get that kind of deal each and every time, but "sometimes" they may be able to do deals like that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          He said "sometimes" ... you wont get that kind of deal each and every time, but "sometimes" they may be able to do deals like that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, like when they're trying to cash out on excess inventory before tax time. Remember, inventory is an asset, but a loss is a loss. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You won't even get that deal sometimes... perhaps on a returned, or blemish item on RARE occassions.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen 1 person get less than 1/2 of retail on a new item in almost 4 years of being on this board unless it was a mistake.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hell, 50% pretty damn good, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X