Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Angelo's stolen Quad X returned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Angelo's stolen Quad X returned!

Well, half of it anyways! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.angelo.com/html/what_s_new.html

I like to think I had a hand in bringing this about. Mike's Quad X was stolen back in the mid 80s after a Nitro gig in El Paso, Texas. A JCFer subsequently purchased the top half from a pawn shop in that city (without knowing of its status). Later, the person sold the top half to Simon Jones of England. Earlier this year I pretty much interrogated that JCFer to get all this info, which I passed along to Mike. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to Simon!

(I put this here because the guitar was originally built by Wayne Charvel)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Michael Angelo\'s stolen Quad X returned!

Here's what the Quad originally looked like:

http://www.angelo.com/html/the_quad_guitar.html
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Whenever someone shouts [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img], Ron is there [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Even though I think Angelo's music sucks, it's fun watching him play, so how the hell did I miss he's show in Norway? Damn.

Comment

Nice work Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

So it turns out that he held a guitar clinic at a store near me like 3 weeks ago and I missed it! But the guys there said they're working on getting Petrucci sometime so I definitely got on the mailing list...

Comment

That's awesome. Great researching Ron!

Too bad it got cut up though.

Something on the site brought a tear to my eye:

I wish it were so...
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ron, pat yourself on the back.

Again [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder if the whole 4 pieces will ever get back together.

That is some freakin' guitar!

Comment

cool. good job RX. Cheers to Simon too.

Comment

Ron the Great!

Comment

That was the last issue I bought -March 2004. It was still on my nightstand the night I found out, I totally look at that cover differently now. I think my wife understands why it's still there.

Cool Michael at least got part of his guitar back
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

And to read the news on his site, you'd think that Simon just showed up back stage of his own volition and gave the guitar back out of the goodness of his heart.
                        No mention of Ron's snitching and anal slurpage there at all. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        100% honesty here. If that clown M A didn't pony up some serious $$$ for that axe and you're the one who sicced him and/or his lawyers on some kid in England, you're a serious dick.
                        If on the other hand the kid was paid off nicely and everyone is happy, [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to you.

Comment

Why should he pay for his own guitar that got stolen?
                          The Simon guy is apparently a Ritz collector, so no doubt he knew what the guitar was!

When I met Michael Angelo in October I told him that pictures turned up here of his stolen Quad, and he said that no one had given him any info (that surprised me, since I remembered that Ron had sent the info to him) so I gathered what was to be found here, and sent it to him.

He told me that when he was to do the clinincs in England he'd pay a visit to the guy... but according to his website the guy just turned up... I seriously doubt that! If he had such good intentions he'd have contacted Michael Angelo earlier. (Ron- I mentioned that I thought you had contacted him, but nothing had made its way to him... that's kinda weird!) Well at least he's seen the post here at JCF, so he probably knows that you deserve cred! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anders
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Why should he pay for his own guitar that got stolen?
                            Anders

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Because it was stolen on tour, there was probably an insurance policy on it that was paid out.

B)It was purchased at a pawn shop.
                            Everything taken in at a pawn shop is submitted to the police to see if it was stolen.
                            If they find no record of it, even if it was stolen, it's the pawn shops property to do with as they please.
                            The guitar was no longer his when the pawn shop waited XX days for the police to get back to them about it.
                            It was then purchased legally buy the guy in TX and sold legally to the guy in England.

What, you think that this Simon kid should be out the $ taht he paid for it??? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                            Don't you think he is under aged if he has to have his father take him to the concert???
                            All the cool kids collect Ritz guitars... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

That's why.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              A) Because it was stolen on tour, there was probably an insurance policy on it that was paid out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds reasonable, yes. The thought never crossed my mind.

[ QUOTE ]

B)It was purchased at a pawn shop.
                              Everything taken in at a pawn shop is submitted to the police to see if it was stolen.
                              If they find no record of it, even if it was stolen, it's the pawn shops property to do with as they please.
                              The guitar was no longer his when the pawn shop waited XX days for the police to get back to them about it.
                              It was then purchased legally buy the guy in TX and sold legally to the guy in England.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I didn't know about pawn shop policies, sounds reasonable too, except for the part that it's theirs to do with as they please... it seems to me that such a famous guitar should have been in the police's records, if not... then Nitro's bad! If it indeed was done legally, then it's a shame that things weren't done better from the beginning, maybe Mike would've gotten his guitar back a long time ago.

[ QUOTE ]

What, you think that this Simon kid should be out the $ taht he paid for it??? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                              Don't you think he is under aged if he has to have his father take him to the concert???
                              All the cool kids collect Ritz guitars... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

That's why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Presuming everything went legally, then no. I guess that the reason for me asking why he should pay is a question of morals and ethics. It just seems wrong that you should have to pay for something that was stolen from you.
                              I have no idea if he's underaged, does it really matter? I guess it's just cool for M.A.B to have half of his Quad back...

Anders
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                              X