New RS guitarworks humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RS guitarworks humbuckers

Well I stopped by RS guitarworks today and gave their new humbucker a test drive.Its called the shredder and it is one fantastic pickup.It was in a 87 USA Jackson so I felt I'd post it here.Roy in conjunction with WRC pickups have hit the nail square on the head.This pickup is so dynamic its unreal.The string definition is incredible as is the bottom end.The bass and mids are so clean as are the highs.
    Crisp,clean and clear when rolled back but ballsy and in your face when driven,no mud or woofieness at all.The harmonic overtones just bloom and hang in the air,truly a sonic marvel.Mine is on the way and going in my 87 USA Jackson 1 hum strat.I never thought I'd take the venerable Duncan custom out of the old Jackson (its been in there for a long time)but the time has come.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: New RS guitarworks humbuckers

Richard,

Are you sure you weren't listening to APC pickups? You described APC's to a "T"...
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

The Shredder is made for RS by WCR pickups.

Roy

Comment

Cool by me. Those WCR pickups are RAVED about with the les paul crowd. Anybody know price point?

Comment

How would the Shredder compare to the HERC? I haven't heard either, but the HERC sounds like a gain monster.

Comment

I ment to say WCR, my bad Roy!!!The HERC sounds like an EMG 81 to me J/C very little mids and tons of highs.The shredder is unique in that it has everything mids highs and a very crisp low.We were playing thru Roy's full stack Marshall on 8 thru a brake so lots of gain and this pickup can take it and still remain so dynamic.I couldn't believe how clear each individual string rang out.The harmonics just hang and bloom waiting for the feedback to catch up.
            This pickup is just what I've been looking for.I plan on putting one of these in my mahogony bodied star Roy so I'll need two of those puppies.

Comment

Is this the pickup you're talking about?

http://www.rsguitarworks.net/catalog...products_id=79

Holy. Moley. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] $161!!! And that's just the SALE PRICE! Normally, it's $34 more. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I bought two APC pickups for that price. I know you're going to say that it was worth it, and nothing beats the feeling of finding the perfect pickup no matter what the cost, but I was just making an observation that this is probably THE most expensive pickup I have ever seen. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Holy. Moley. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] $161!!! And that's just the SALE PRICE! Normally, it's $34 more. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I bought two APC pickups for that price. I know you're going to say that it was worth it, and nothing beats the feeling of finding the perfect pickup no matter what the cost, but I was just making an observation that this is probably THE most expensive pickup I have ever seen. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                You need to Price Tom Holmes pickups ($600 a pair), Tim White's ($500 per pair), or real PAFs ($5000 bucks and up a pair).

Comment

sounds like a good pup. thats how i would describe the APC persuader lead. would love to hear it.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    You need to Price Tom Holmes pickups ($600 a pair), Tim White's ($500 per pair), or real PAFs ($5000 bucks and up a pair).

[/ QUOTE ]

Fralins.

Comment

They are priced near as much as I paid my Shadow Pickups

http://www.shadow-pickups.com/gandbmag.html

I bought the Top one, with the EQ on it.
                      (Its subjective) but I think this is the best thing you can have in your guitar. Because you decide on the active mode how your pickup sound. You can boost them like those SD live Wire and make their less trebly but still hot. You can decide if you want low output for a perfect jazz sound.

Then when you put it on passive mode, its more of low-mid output pickup that nail those blues notes and you can coil tap him.

You even get a list of presets that tells you how to make your pickups sound like the more populars out there. And there is a noise reduction pot if its too hot.

I have one in the bridge of my DKMG and it rocks and I EQ the Neck Emg HZ with it and it makes it sound so gorgeous.

This is a pickup for the ones that can never decide themselves or are too picky.

Comment

I don't think the price is bad at all.Remember that WCR pickups ain't cheap.You get what you pay for.These are hand made custom pickups that Roy has put a lot of R&D time in perfecting.The voicing is so much different than Duncans or DiMarzios. IMO there is no pickup like this on the market tonewise.

Comment

Working...
                        X