Zakk Wylde with another Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk Wylde with another Jackson

Anyone see this pic? On the Zakk Wylde site it says it's in Guitar World, but I didn't see it. I can't really think of another endorser with their own sig guitar besides Metallica that can be seen playing and takin photos with other companies guitars that they are not endorsed by. And amazingly both guys chose Jackson to play (Kirk still plays his RR1T and now Zakk with his LTD custom shop and this one). That's a cool lookin axe too.

- Irfaan -

Re: Zakk Wylde with another Jackson

It's a GMW, not a Jackson.

Comment

Oh, ok. Just said Randy Rhoads Flying V, so assumed it was a Jackson.

Comment

Cool as Hell nonetheless!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I can't really think of another endorser with their own sig guitar besides Metallica that can be seen playing and takin photos with other companies guitars that they are not endorsed by.

[/ QUOTE ]

George Lynch has been seen with a Gibson Les Paul, a BC Rich, and a Fender Strat.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

But when Lynch did that with PRS and BC Rich, the president of ESP got so mad and he had to tell Lynch to stop doing that.
            ESP had to give ESP versions of Les Pauls and Strats to Lynch instead.
            That is what I heard from my friend who used to work for ESP and who was also close to the president.

Comment

As for Zakk, I guess it is not a big deal for him(but for Gibson of course) since people recognize him as Gibson Les Paul Player and know Randy was a huge Guitar hero for Zakk.
              It will be hard to imagine Zakk without Gibson Les Paul.

Only wish he doesn't go with ESP version of Les Paul or something.. that sure will make Gibson pissed big time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm surprised he didn't commission Sandoval to build him a polka dot V.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I am more surprised with why Floyd?

Comment

Why not floyd? (unless you mean because that is not the way the original was)
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have never seen Zakk with Floyd.
                      Why Zakk didn't get the one with non Floyd?
                      Lee offers one with Non Floyd too.
                      I really don't know how Zakk ended up at GMW with that one.
                      Mayeb Lee had only that one with Floyd when Zakk visited GMW?
                      I should ask Lee.

Comment

Oh. That makes sense and now that you mention it, I know what you are talking about. It would not surprise me to learn that the floyded model is what was on hand at the time.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I have never seen Zakk with Floyd.
                          Why Zakk didn't get the one with non Floyd?
                          Lee offers one with Non Floyd too.
                          I really don't know how Zakk ended up at GMW with that one.
                          Mayeb Lee had only that one with Floyd when Zakk visited GMW?
                          I should ask Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the GW article. In it, Zakk talks about the Floyd's tuning stability. In fact, he complains that the vintage trem on his white Jackson RR replica won't stay in tune for s**t.

...Well, "duh", Zakk. Of course a non-locking trem won't stay in tune when you use the bar. I guess he's been using 'dem dar non-trem Les Paulies too long to know much about how trems work. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] j/k

Comment

Now Zakk Speaks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I would love to see his Les Pauls with added Floyd Rose.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I would love to see his Les Pauls with added Floyd Rose. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neal Schon already beat him to it:

LP w/Floyd

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X