• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally figured out who owns the guitars I want

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/art/dan.html

Re: I finally figured out who owns the guitars I want

You mean Dan Spitz?
    Most of these are owned by Justin and Robert.

Comment

Re: I finally figured out who owns the guitars I want

Man I've wanted that 10 string for so long! I missed out on #2 a few years ago...it was between $2-3K. What a beauty!

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

Re: I finally figured out who owns the guitars I w

Wow, the body starts rather far away on the one on the right. Look how close the neck pickup is to the neck joint! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

That is interesting. The pickups are really close together. Also, notice that it has block inlays and and LTD control layout. I wonder if the shape is more like Randy's pinstripe. It is hard to tell in the photo.

Comment

It has 24 frets so I'm thinking everything got moved up instead of cutting the body for better fret access.

Comment

Wow, I've never seen that one. Never knew Dan had any Dinky Rhoads (Custom XTRR models) with 24 frets.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought that all of Dan's Jacksons were cut down RRs going back to the 80s because he is like 5 feet tall. He never felt comfortable playing a full size RR.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  he is like 5 feet tall

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Dan is very short, I think he started getting the smaller Rhoads around State of Euphoria or maybe Persistence. I saw them on Among and he if foggy memory serves correct he played full sized Rhoads then(TMNT graphic etc.).

Comment

I could have sworn that even the TMNT RR was scaled down as well (Its not like he bought it off the rack). I could probably did out an old guitar mag and find it, but it is really not that important.

Comment

I'm pretty sure TMNT was an XTRR
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I took a couple of pics of his Daffy and Bugs Rhoads when I was at the Hard Rock in Shanghai. It looks like it might be an XTRR and he played it on the Among tour. I think he plays it in the Indians video. I can't post them right now, but I can send to someone if they want to post them.

Comment

It seems like in an old interview Dan stated that all of his rhoads guitars were scaled down for him. Man, he did have some nice custom shops.

Comment

Yes, Dan's Custom Rhoads guitars were scaled down 7/8 the size of a normal Rhoads and just known as a Dinky Rhoads. The XTRR came much later and became a production model with a reversed headstock.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats what I thought and because I was a big Anthrax fan back in the day and had never heard of the XTRR until recently (on this forum of course).

Comment

Working...
                              X