No announcement yet.

How did the love affair start for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How did the love affair start for you?

Seeing Randy Rhoads started it all for me. Took me a few years after that to get my first Charvel Model 6.

Comment

Vinnie Vincent in '83 was the first time a Jackson (RR)got my attention and then Andreas Kisser in the Under Siege live video in '91 (yeah, 8 years later) did it for me. My first one was a black Soloist that I sold about 2 years ago and then Rhoads.

Comment

Back when I bought my first serious guitar, I basically was looking for anything with a floyd and skinny neck. I really wanted an Ibanez, either a Satch or Vai model. But, I had to settle with a import Jackson Dinky. Never regretted that decision.

Since then my taste in guitars has shifted a little, and I'm really looking more towards Gibson style guitars. Meatier necks, no hockey stick headstocks, no floyds, classy look. Those Scott Ian guitars look pretty good to me, so maybe I'll get something like that. I play Black and Prog style metal, but I also like classical, jazz, and some blues. So I want a guitar that can handle my metal needs, yet still look "professional" enough for a formal wedding or private party function.

Comment

Working...
        X