Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Olde Wolbers sig model

[ QUOTE ]
    I actually love the new FF album with Christian on guitar! It's actually the best thing they have put out in a while, the last two with Dio were pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dio was on the last 2 FF albums??? I didn't know that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Instead of that "Cars" remake they did they could do "Holy Driver"
    Rimshot please [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Dino had a ESP sig model. I wasn't aware that he ever played Ibanez. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Dino play ESP?

[/ QUOTE ]I've seen a couple of pics where he played an ESP, but I'm not sure if he ever had a signature model made. I know he said he used to tune low on it and didn't like the floppiness of the strings, so he decided a 7-string would be better. He still used pretty light strings on the 7s, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

christian has always been a guitar player. dino used to play all the bass parts on the CD's. christian switched to bass to solidify the FF line-up. once dino left, instead of getting a guitar player, christian switched back to guitar. check out the latest CD "archetype" its really good...heavy/melodic/brutal/catchy all at the same time....like the other FF releases, no leads though.

Comment

wow i will be for sure purchasing one of these

Comment

I like it, its pretty nice. Id only buy one if it had six strings, and inlays, but Id be kinda missing the point there though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Fear Factory have rocked me since demanufacture, when they split I was a little bummed, but when I found out they reformed sans dino I was kinda stoked and hoped for someone who could hold it with raymond. Preferably a jackson player. BAM! Olde pops in place fretting jackson! Combination of the gods, now get riffin', and they did! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I've always been a 6stringer downtuned to B guy. But I've still wanted a 7string jackson just cause, its gonna be a another part of guitar, like the floyd rose, and humbucker before it. Or maybe kahler if it doesnt stay. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Nothing wrong with bolt-on, nothing wrong with red. I can't figure out the "Olde", though - are there that many Christian Wolbers in the music biz that he's gotta throw that middle name out there to stand out? Kinda like Yngwie "J" Malmsteen? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I think it's supposed to be a hyphenated last name. When he was in the Fender catalogs as a bass player it was Olde-Wolbers.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  What Chuck said!
                  Actually, i think i might be a Swedish version of Chuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm the US West Coast version. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...annnnnnnnnnnnnd i've got texas covered.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    What Chuck said!
                    Actually, i think i might be a Swedish version of Chuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm the US West Coast version. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...annnnnnnnnnnnnd i've got texas covered.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I just never understood painted bolt-on necks?!?

If you're going to have the back of the neck painted why not just go for a neckthru? Yes, I know there is a difference in the tone between them and personal taste etc., but it just makes no sense to me. The big draw to me for bolt-ons is an unfinished or oil finished neck. Somethings just don't make sense. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree.
                        I guess that is a part of this signature deal..
                        Too bad it wasn't a neck thru.

Comment

Actually, I think it's nice that it's not. It'll be at a good price point, and since I don't have any real experience with a 7 string, it'll be an awesome guitar to start with.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I agree on the neck. First thing I´ll do when I grab mine is strip and oil the neck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I just never understood painted bolt-on necks?!?

If you're going to have the back of the neck painted why not just go for a neckthru? Yes, I know there is a difference in the tone between them and personal taste etc., but it just makes no sense to me. The big draw to me for bolt-ons is an unfinished or oil finished neck. Somethings just don't make sense. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pricing. bolt-ons are cheaper to make. also, most bolt-on necks (with a couple of exceptions) have a clear satin finish on them. a truly oiled bolt on neck isn't the most common thing to find these days.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Sheesh...OK, thanks guys.

I cannot think of one Fear Factory tune, which is much less of a statment of their popularity or role in the music scene today, and much more a statement of how 'retired' I am.

I used to be metal, boys and girls. Back when you guys were falling off your tricycles or wiping your popo all over mommy's wall, I had hair to my ass and was banging hardcore in the Anthrax, Metal Church, Overkill vein. I was the shit. I used to get stopped for autographs in the grocery store.

Now I'm just an old retired geezer sittin in the corner sqwaking about the old days.

Never mind...move along...nothin to see here, folks...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you Chuckster, but FF is pretty cool for what it is [and I remember when Anthrax was doing Metallica tunes as covers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (they did Seek and it was floating around for a while as a bootleg! - my buddy had the "33")] Not that this Christian is all that - he aint, but FF as a whole has some cool sh!t, especially if you like industrial/metal (and some of the re-mixes kill - "Suffer Bastard!").
                                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                                X