My collection...finally -- pic HEAVY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My collection...finally -- pic HEAVY

Cool guitars (and that "copy" probably is a JB Player (refin is kiler though).
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Very sweet indeed!

Comment

Cool collection, and nice pics. I love the SL4 in Trans Blue. The Dinky Reverse is also cool. Love those direct-mount pickups. And is one of those ESPs a Trans Plum color? Looks very cool.

Comment

I used a Nikon coolpix 4800. I just bought it this weekend and have been messing with it for the last 4 days straight. The pictures with the green carpet were done under incandescent lighting. I had the cieling fan lights on as well as 3 other lamps closely surrounding them. My camera also has a feature called white balance which adjusts the picture according to the type of lighting that you use. Also a BSS or best shot feature where it takes up to 10 shots of the same image and saves the sharpest out of them. I also used the aid of a stepladder to rest my elbows on. You should have seen the position I had to get in for those. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

THANKS for all the compliments everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] The Bass, oddly enough is a Rogue LX400pro that I bought just to lay my bass grooves with. I did't want to spend a S#@tload of money on one and I got a killer deal on it. The color is called Liquid Quilt. It also has an onboard preamp. The ESP is a VERY dark plum color, It's ESP's version of see-thru trans blk I guess.

Comment

White balance is something I only discovered on my camera a couple of months back. Glad you're finding it extremely useful... it is!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It doesn't look like you used a flash for your pictures either, which is a plus for me. Ambient light always works better in my opinion for shooting guitars and stuff like that.

Haha, I used to get into strange shooting positions as well... until I got my tripod. Wasn't too expensive either! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, no flash. all that did was create a horrific glare, especially on the chrome.

Comment

thats kickin man [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Trust me, flashes do have their use... but just NOT for shooting pictures of guitars!

What resolution did you originally shoot the pictures at? Did you resize?

Comment

Resolution: 4M high(2228) the absolute highest that I could.
                      I resized them on photobucket to 75% of the originals. This camera also has a sharpening feature...do you have one of these?

Comment

Nope, I have a Minolta DiMage Xt. I did look at the Nikon Coolpix series of cameras two summers ago when considering a compact digital camera. Out of all the cameras I test-drove that day, the Nikon Coolpix 3200 and 4100 were the easiest and most user-friendly cameras of the bunch. A friend of mine has a Coolpix and is getting stellar shots... I am starting to muse over my decision on my Minolta... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Haha, I used to get into strange shooting positions as well... until I got my tripod. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!! ROTFL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Most cameras have white balance controls these days and yes it does make the colors 100% truer in your shots. You get the best results if you can set it manually using a white peice of paper. The white balance options do cover most situations though and work well. Flash is definitely a big mistake people make when photographing guitars!
                            Excellent job on the photos. Sounds like you had quite the situation going on!

Comment

I also found the ISO (light sensitivity feature) to be very useful. I had a bitch of a time getting the shots of my SL1 to look "true". The orange in the burst kept drowning out the flame. As for the Minolta, I looked at one of those but all the people at the store I bought it from recommended the Nikon. One of which was a former professional Navy photographer.

Comment

Beautiful collection! I'm drooling on my keyboard here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Comment

Working...
                                X