Question for those who have ordered customJackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who have ordered customJackson

So, you spec'd the guitar, reviewed the work order, signed and submitted, then waited 6-18 months for it to arrive.

When it arrived and you opened the case was the guitar made to your specs? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Did they pay attention to every little detail? Or did they brush over them and get it "close" to what you ordered? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Question for those who have ordered customJackson

With the exception of the wrong tuning machines installed on one guitar, all of the CS guitars I've had come through my shop have been correct. Are you thinking about ordering one or did you receive one that isn't built right?

Matt
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

You will get what you spec'd out.
      It is always good to supply as many details as possible when you are ordering your guitar so you will get exactly what you want.
      There are so many things you have to specify other than choosing the spec.
      Such as placement of knobs,switch,logo size,type,color of pickups and so on..

Comment

Agreed. The more specific you can be (drawings, photos, measurements, previous work orders or serial numbers, etc...) the less room there is for error.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Yes my Custom order Charvel came 100% exactly made to the specs how I ordered the guitar. I also got the 3D Charvel neck plate with Ontario address and the brazilian rosewood fretboard, even if both was not listed on the custom options list.

My order was a 12 pages document with specs and diagrams.

When Tim Wilson received my ordered, he contacted my to verify some open details. So I forgot to specify the graphic on the back of the body.

When the guitar arrived and I opened the case, the guitar was exactly what I ordered. And I was surprised, because of she is sounding better than I could imagine before.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Are you thinking about ordering one or did you receive one that isn't built right?

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am thinking about ordering one but can't get a work order from Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Matt, my real name is Craig and I already have an order with you and you have been fantastic through this process. Sorry, thought you knew my alias here.
            I am ordering the guitar here...

http://home.comcast.net/~cbertoldi/CSG3.html

I pretty much submitted the order as it is posted on that page. Do you guys think it's specific enough based on your experience? I am going to confirm that the neck is angled back, add specific details on the location of the volume pot and spec that the rear cavity be smaller than the regular RR now that a couple of folks brought that to my attention.

My motivation for posting this question is unrelated to guitars: my cycling team custom ordered many $4000+ custom bicycle frames where each titanium tube is cut to the millimeter based on the riders physical dimansions and each angle is very specific based on what you want the bike to handle like. The manufacturer basically brushed over the "custom" part of the order and tried to pass off stock frames so the whole lot goes back and we miss the beginning of the season on the new bikes. It's a completely different industry and situation but that's why I want to know if I am being as specific as I need to be. I really anticiapte JC to be fine but I don't want to neglect a detail on my part.

Thanks Again Guys!

Comment

Every one I've ordered so far has come exactly as spec'd. As long as you are very specific and review the work order to confirm the details, you should have no worries.

However, I am a little bit concerned about them getting the neck profile correct on an order I have in now. The last work order I saw showed both the "San Dimas" (pointyhead) neck AND "Speed Neck" profile. I want the former, not the latter. I was told this was corrected. However, I never saw a revised work order to confirm it. ...Hoping they get it right. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X