Ok, I Think I Got It Right This Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I Think I Got It Right This Time

Alright, I posted Zakk with another Jackson, but turned out it was a GMW. Checked the official Zakk Wylde site and it clearly shows him playin that Rhoads he's been rockin on Ozzfest on the main page. Tell someone at Fender to jump on it, lol. I know he won't leave Gibson, but it's just cool to see him playin that Rhoads.

- Irfaan -

Oh yah, it's http://www.zakkwylde.com/

Re: Ok, I Think I Got It Right This Time

Unfortunately due to contractual obligations FMIC probably couldn't do anything but thank Zakk for playing a Rhoads during Ozzfest. His image is tied up with Gibson, FMIC couldn't print a picture with the Rhoads without a legal sh*tstorm with Gibson. And that could get ugly...
    Occupy JCF

Comment

It's so freakin amazing to me how much politics and contracts and all that crap can get in the way of a guy playin any kickass guitar that he likes (not specific to Zakk). Guess if the artists signs the paper though he did it to himself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        if the artists signs the paper though he did it to himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Politics and contract rights have ruled the roost for the last 20 years plus. Recall that the original Lynch Skull and Bones is NOT an ESP that we all saw in whatever video, but really made by a dude known as "J Frog" (John Garcia), but ESP made George slap an ESP logo on that bad boy for the vid and the rest is history.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Really, I had no clue bout that. I missed all of the 80's and most of the 90's (dunno where I was, musically not where I am now that's for sure) so all that slipped past me. That's kinda messed up, but what are ya gonna do, guess that's the way it always was and that's the way it always will be.

Comment

Yeah, I believe it was actually a Warmoth body carved out by J Frog. I read this somewhere.

Comment

Yup, I personally despise the entire notion of 'signature artist series guitars'. The guitars themselves can be awesome (often overpriced) but the effects on the artist's arsenal is bullshit.

There's not too many signed artists I've seen on covers or anything with anything but their signature brand. Metallica, and some other greater-than-life bands can, but that's about the line right there. Very unfortunate affair.

On a lighter note, It's nice to see Zakk play a Rhoads. Gibson shouldn't cry to hard, Randy made great publicity for LP's as well.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                X