San Dimas Dinky w. Floral Headstock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Dinky w. Floral Headstock?

I checked in one of my local guitar stores today and the owner told me he had a guitar I may be interested in. I didnt see it in person as it was unreachable at that point (behind a ton of other gear).
    He certainly got me confused with his description...
    San Dimas era Jackson "Dinky", black with a "fuschia" - "floral" pointy headstock. These are his words and a doubt these names / descriptions are correct.
    He said he checked the serial with Jackson and all was good.
    He is usually pretty reliable and knows a fair amount about what he's talking about. kinda! He knows I know a lot about this stuff so can't be trying to pull one over. Hmmmmm.
    I'll get to see it in the near future but anybody got any ideas or info to kill my curiosity for now?

Re: San Dimas Dinky w. Floral Headstock?

He says he checked it out with Jackson? How? Last I heard you couldn't do that anymore.

Could be a refin, could be an Artist or Employee model.

Go look and see anyway.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jackson stopped looking up serial numbers for regular people a year or 2 ago (unfortunatly) and even then, the info that you got was not always 100% accurate, I had heard something about a fire some time ago which may have destroyed some of the old records as well. I am sure the guys who are connected have a more positive experience, but that is mine.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yeah I've heard about Jackson not giving out info serial now too...
        I was looking more towards some info on the floral / fuschia headstock?

Comment

Bet it's a Jem.

Comment

I immediately thought of a Jem with the mention of
            floral heastock but he knows way more than confusing a Jackson with an Ibanez.

Comment

Working...
            X